Pride of America Cruise Review by kg4pit: Pride of America 01/12/08

Pride of America 01/12/08

Sail Date: January 2008
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: Honolulu

This cruise was for our 25th wedding anniversary. This was our 7th cruise, 1st with NCL. We chose this ship for the itinerary. I've heard people say that the ship is just a "floating hotel". The ship was very nice and clean. We didn't do much on the ship, after all, we were in Hawaii!

ARRIVAL: We went 2 days pre-cruise. We had the NCL transfer from the airport to the hotel. One thing that was funny was there was a lady on our plane that fussed about not getting a lei. I told her that unless she arranged for it, she wouldn't get one. She fussed all the way to the hotel (DH and my hotel was the first stop, thank goodness!!) Thursday, it was late, we went to get something to eat and went to bed. Friday, we arranged an excursion to Pearl Harbor/city tour with Roberts Hawaii. That was great!!

Embarkation: Very easy. Shuttle picked us up at our hotel. No offense to anyone, but at first we thought we were on a "senior citizens" cruise! We were the youngest couple on the More bus and we are 43 and 44!! One nice little lady even said, "honey, are you sure you are on the right bus?" Everything went smoothly. We went to the Aloha cafe for lunch and by the time we were through eating, our cabin was ready. We had a balcony and it was great!!

Ship: We didn't do alot of stuff on the ship, we didn't go to any of the shows and we ate mostly at the buffet or the Cadillac Diner. We did eat at Little Italy the night we celebrated our anniversary. It was ok.

Itinerary: This is why we picked this cruise!! All of our excursions were through NCL. People say that Roberts Hawaii is cheaper and it is, but I like the peace of mind with NCL excursions. We had an excursion on every island. (2 on the day of the luau) All the excursions were great. I think my favorite was the Road to Hana. Our tour guide for that was very good.

For the most part, the crew was very nice. We talked to one young lady in the Aloha cafe for awhile. Our room steward was very good. the only thing that sort of bothered us was the way the crew would be walking down the hall and not say a word to you. Now, I didn't expect them to fall and kiss my feet or anything, but the curteous thing to do would be to say "good morning" or "hello".

Disembarkation: It went very smoothly. We did the EasyFly!! that was the best thing! We did the North Shore excursion and was dropped off at the airport at 2:00, our flight home was at 7:00

We got what we wanted to out of this cruise....we got to go to Hawaii...We met nice people. We would definitely go on this cruise again! Less

Read more Pride of America cruise reviews >>