Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Rich: Sailed aboard the Carnival Liberty on 1/13/08

Rich
Member Since 2000

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Western Caribbean Cruises

Sailed aboard the Carnival Liberty on 1/13/08

Sail Date: January 2008

I travelled via JetBlue Airlines from EWR on Saturday 1/12/08 arriving 40 minutes early. I was staying in a family owned co-op in the Gault Ocean Mile area for the night.

EMBARKATION: Arrived at the pier at 11 AM and got a place in a very long line. Boarding started at 12 PM and I was on the ship by 12:30 PM. Room access could be made at 1:30. Proceeded to Lido Deck for lunch and lounging.

SHIP CONDITIONS: Ship overall was in good clean condition, but common areas did smell like ash trays.

MEAL SERVICE: Lido Deck Food Grades: Pizza: C+, Desserts: B+, Buffet Hot Foods-Breakfasts/Lunch/Dinners: C, Buffet Cold Foods: C+, Dining Room Breakfasts: C+, Lunches: B-, Dinners: B+ Dining Room Service: A

SHOWS: Welcome Aboard-Exactly the same as my 2 other Carnival Cruises

Comedian & Juggler-Entertaining, but not spectacular

Around the World-Huge technical problem brought the show to a complete stop, and after a very long wait the More show lost a little luster

Liberty Idol-Did not attend but watched on shipboard TV-entertaining

Rockin' Down Broadway-Best of the Shows

Comedian & Sword Swallower-Did not attend

CABIN GRADES: Service: A, Cleanliness: B, Appropriations/Accommodations: A

DEBARKATION: Self Assisted-I literally was the 2nd person off the ship at 7:30 AM went through immigration and customs in about 2 minutes.

PORTS OF CALL: Key West Florida 1/14/08 At Sea 1/15/08 Formal Night Grand Cayman Islands 1/16/08 Ocho Rios, Jamaica 1/17/08 Formal Night At Sea 1/18/08 In Port 1/19/08

GENERAL COMMENTS: There was some confusion during embarkation-had to fill out a Bahamas Declaration Form-even though the ship was not going there. No one ever explained that one to me. This is my 3rd cruise, and all have been with Carnival. Overall experience wise-this was my best cruise. The weather was perfect except for rain during sail away. I had the main seating for dinner service in the Silver Dining Room-Aft. I recommend this location because of my favorable experience there. My inside cabin was perfect sized for me but it was located mid-ship/aft next to a storage room and for some reason that storage room was like grand central station for my deck's cabin stewards. An important not on the Key West Port-if you dock at the Navy Yard you must bring your photo id with you even though you are inside the USA! Also, if you have a GPS with points of interests bring it to Key West! I did not book an excursion and was able to get anywhere using my Mio Digiwalker C520. Upon returning you, and your belongings will be subject to searches, and you will be asked for the ID in order to get back on the ship! So much for bringing just your "Sail and Sign Card". Grand Cayman we used launches. I went to Stingray City, did some shopping, ate free samples of Tortuga Rum Cakes, and was back to the ship in time for Lunch! Ocho Rios-I did the Coyaba Gardens, Island City Shopping, and Climb Dunns River Falls tour-for me was the best shore excursion I had on the cruise. Although I went into the casino-I did not gamble-I just watched other people loose their money. I did shop onboard and got a few items-prices are kind of high. Did work out at the Gym which was well equipped. Went to Captain's and Past Guests Cocktail Parties. The past guests was better due to it being held in the Main Lounge and had the ship's show band, although I did have a great time at both parties. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>