Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by millhouse1982: Liberty Of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean - Set Sail 5 Jan 08

millhouse1982
Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Liberty Of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean - Set Sail 5 Jan 08

Sail Date: January 2008

Hi All I have also just returned from the 5th January Sailing on the Liberty of the Seas, and gutted to be back in cold wet England.

Having sailed on the Freedom last year with my fiancEe and friends from New Jersey, we already knew the layout of the ship, so were able to relax as soon as we got on board. Our Friends also joined us on this cruise.

BIG TIP - EMBARKING - GET THERE EARLY We arrived at the port at 12.15 and were on the ship by 12.30, it was so easy, there were no queues, because we were from the UK we had to go through immigration, due to there being hardly any passengers at this time it was a breeze. We had a cocktail in the pool bar to waste 30 mins, as our stateroom wasn't ready until 1 pm.

We had a Junior Suite at the back of the ship, it was spacey and clean. No problems.

Having checked in our 2 Bags, the first arrived by 3 pm and the second by 5 pm, excellent service, there was no rush for the bags as we had put everything we More needed for the afternoon in our hand luggage.

Our Stateroom Attention was Excellent, the lady's name was ANNA. She was fantastic, nothing was to much trouble. After our bags had arrived, she arranged for all of my shirts to be pressed, plus my Tuxedo to be dry cleaned and pressed. All were hanging in the wardrobe the following day looking like new.

As we travelled with friends we arranged to be on an 8 seater together on the late seating. 2 other couples who were from Canada joined us. They were great fun and spent the whole week together as a group of 8. Having such a great table was a relief as we found that majority of the ship were Spanish speaking and if we had been stuck on a table with them it could have been a long week.

I was definitely expecting more America's and English on the ship, and was shocked to discover that 65 % were Latin American's. Don't get me wrong, I think that mixing cultures and nationalities is a good thing. But there were some instances during the week where a few manners wouldn't have gone a miss.

Ok back to the review. We eat in the restaurant 5 nights, then Chops and Portofino's 1 night each.

Main dining was excellent, to say that the chefs are preparing meals for 3000 people, the food was fantastic and the Service was 5 star. Our waiter was Navin, who knew all of our names by the end of the first night, he was very informative about the menu choices , and service was amazing.

Chops was also as good as all of the previous reviews I had read, all 8 of us eat there on the night we sailed out of San Juan. Best $20 I spent all week.

Portofino's' again was very good service and food. It was nice to experience it, but once is enough.

The sports facilities were excellent, here are the ones I used.

Flow Rider - Only one word can describe this WOW

Basketball Court - always in use and great for pick up games.

Climbing Wall - Very challenging, a good experience

Crazy Golf - great laugh and brings out the competitive edge out of everyone.

Gym - All up to date equipment, very busy to say everyone is on holiday and should be chilling.

Casino - Great Fun, but turned out expensive, didn't see many winners. Only one disappointment here, the Texas Hold'em tournament was cancelled, without finding out how many people wanted to play. There were about 50 disappointed gamblers.

The Islands

San Juan - Unfortunately wasn't impressed, the town was closing as we arrived, it was too late to go on any excursions. But saying that we had a great afternoon in Senor Frogs. Definitely worth a visit.

St Maarten - Very beautiful Island, our excursion was Mountain Biking, big thumbs up and a exciting way to see parts of the island off the beaten track. The shopping here is also very good, be sure to take your credit card.

Labadee - Having visited last year on the Freedom, it didn't disappoint again. This is the Caribbean's hidden treasure. Highly recommend the Wave Runner excursion, no only it is fast and fun, it is a great way to see this coastline and beaches.

It was a fantastic holiday, made some great friends and would advise anyone to experience The Liberty of the Seas.

Regards