Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by Patrick Roberge: Bad experience

Compare Prices on Norwegian Spirit Western Caribbean Cruises

Bad experience

Sail Date: December 2007
Embarkation: New Orleans

We went on this ship with two other couples and we each had a child. For us it was our first time on NCL and we had done three previous cruise on Carnival (1) and RCL (2).

I am not a happy with the week we had. I'm not talking about the weather but the ship itself. They have the most crappy buffet that I ever seen in my life. The Raffle restaurant has bad food and really bad service. I only went the fist two days until I got fed up with them, but in the few times that I went, they ran out of milk, plate and food everytime. The worst was that I always went during the meal time hours, not in the middle of the afternoon, so there is no reasons for running out of stuff. The crew had bad attitude and if you dare ask them for a freaking plate in order to eat, it was like you ask them to give you their first born.

We did not get that kind of attitude from all the crew, but enough to make us mad and make the rest of the crew look bad. Often we had to go and tell the waiter More in the bar that we wanted a drink, because they were too busy talking between them. I do not like to beg in order to spend my money.

For the ship itself, it was not the cleanest that I ever saw. I could have went without some strange smell coming from who knows where. The kid section at the back of the ship was dangerous because the floor was very slippery and there was no supervision from the crew or most of the parents. There was so many time when those kid could have injured themselves, specially in the slide.

Out of the 3 destinations we did, two of them were in tenders. If you did not have a tour, you had to get a ticket to get off after the tours. That mean that we had to wait 3 hours to get off the ship. In a 10 hours stop, that's a lot of time wasted. I have pay to see those port as much as the people on tour, and I should be allow to spend as much time in port as the others. The worst was in Belize, were I could not get off because of the tour group even if I had a tour. My tour had to meet on the dock, not on the ship prior to the tour. That meant that we did not count. How sick and twisted is that!

Know for the good part. (yes there was some)

The food in Windows was ok (but the service was so,so). The food at Cagney's and teppanyaki (speciality restaurants) was incredible and worth the money. I have to give a high mark for the restaurant managers who did an outstanding job for one of the kid we had in our group who's allergic to a lot of food. Every day, they made sure that she had a meal that she could eat, where ever we were eating. That was great service. The Garden room had great food has well as the Blue lagoon (well for fastfood).

The kids club was fun for my six year old, even if she does not speak any english. She went twice and had a lot of fun.

Overall that was our first cruise will NCL and it will be our last. We are already looking for a cruise with RCL. Less

Read more Norwegian Spirit cruise reviews >>