Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by Jodi Mayo: Vision of the Seas - USA

Vision of the Seas - USA

Sail Date: February 2004
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

I want to be fair in this review so I am writing down what I enjoyed and what I did not like. I would not go on a Royal Caribbean cruise again because I enjoy dancing and look forward to the nightlife. There was dancing on this ship but it never started until midnight. The DJ was awful and never played by requests. We walk into the lounge at 10:30PM, still hearing slow music from Sade and no DJ, then the dancing would begin at midnight and by then, we were so darn tired! I recommend that the cruise begin dancing immediately after dinner.

The food was terrific, and the European desserts were the best. I can not say enough about the food. Even though I had an inside stateroom, it was absolutely perfect. I slept so well, the beds are foam like and slept like a baby every night. With this ship being smaller, I felt everything, and I mean every wave that could be felt.

The best thing about the cruise was the dining and listening to the music of a pianist, she was so More terrific, she sang a lot of the older music slower tunes. If you want it slow, then I do recommend this cruise, if you like nightlife, stay home. This ship will offer it but not until after midnight and by then, who has the energy?? If I ever book another cruise again, I am going to doublecheck on the times of the activities.

I worked out every morning, and if you want a treadmill, they are limited between the times of 6 - 10AM. There are exercise classes at 8AM and forget about joining, the small floor is just too packed. The Solarium was beautiful and relaxing but often had a hard time finding a seat. I ALWAYS got an empty hot tub which I thought was pretty neat for being on a cruise ship with all those people. The rock climbing wall was only opened 2 hours during the day so I never got to the climbing. It is very cold on the ship, especially when you come back from Mexico. Bring a couple of sweatshirts and dress warm. I left my toddler at home and really wished I brought him. This cruise was slow enough to where I really wanted him around. I went with friends and still just really bummed with the entertaining on this ship. I do recommend it for people who do want a very SLOW pace. The ports were fine, everything is a challenge to get to a certain place, taxi to the beach, etc, you just did not seem to have enough time to do anything.

When I got back, I immediately started researching vacations on the "Fun Ship", never tried out Carnival so think I will look into this. Happy Sailing. Less

Read more Vision of the Seas cruise reviews >>