Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by shallwechat: Fantasy 1/07/08 Review

Overall Member Rating

Fantasy 1/07/08 Review

Sail Date: January 2008
Embarkation: New Orleans

This was my third cruise on Carnival, thirteenth cruise overall. For the price, I was fairly pleased. Here is my review:

Parking was real nice and easily accessible. Embarkation services were quick and employees were friendly. We did self-assist debarkation and the process was very speedy.

We didn't eat in the dining room as we requested a table for 3 and was given a table for 11. We ate in the buffet and the food was good most of the time but it was never hot. It also could have used some seasoning.

The cabin was nice and the cabin steward was excellent. I am not too difficult to please and he did as we requested each and every time.

Entertainment on Lido deck seemed to be enjoyed by all. My family did notice the Carnival employees were really nice and our fellow cruisers were all just as nice.

At the purser's desk, we did have an incident when I went to remove my tips off the bill on the first day. The employee appeared to have an More attitude and tried to make me feel bad but it didn't work. I always tip above and beyond and I like to do it in person.

The ports were interesting. Never a dull moment in Mexico. Progresso has come a long way. They are really trying to get tourism. There prices are MUCH CHEAPER than Cozumel!!! Ex: Kool Cigs (carton) $15.00 in Progresso- $24.50 in Cozumel; My usual vanilla was $7.00 for the really large bottle in Progress-$9.00-$11.00 in Cozumel. Beers were $3.00 in Progresso at the restaurant - $4.00 in Cozumel at the dock at 1/2 Senor Frogs.

Cruisers also had to pay more for the taxi ride in Cozumel where all transportation in Progresso is free. The merchants kind of bother you in Progresso but at least they are trying to make a living. We usually drink a beer and have a bite to eat at a small restaurant on the beach in Progresso. They have a small pool area for the kids and you can sit on the beach. They also give massages on the beach and I heard they were inexpensive and did a good job.

We did have a few problems. We had two charges that were not ours. It took Carnival 24 hours but they removed them. Also, we found 2 crack pipes in our room. The cabin steward had found them somewhere around or between the mattress and thought they were ours. NOT!! He kindly removed them for us.

Hope this helps! Less

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X