Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by cmackdaddy: Worst cruise yet.

cmackdaddy
Member Since 2005

Compare Prices on Norwegian Spirit Western Caribbean Cruises

Worst cruise yet.

Sail Date: January 2008
Embarkation: New Orleans

My wife and I thought we'd give NCL a try on the Spirit sailing out of New Orleans on a 7 day W. Caribbean itinerary. Big mistake. We arrived at the Erato St. terminal and were very pleased with both the facility and embarkation process. Upon arriving in our room we found it filthy. There were fingerprints on the mirrors, dust covered everything, the coffee pot was dirty,there was mold in the coffee cups and the telephone didn't work. My wife cleaned our room and I took the dirty rags and coffee cups to the reception desk and inquired if this was the way NCL normally conducted their business? The only response was "OH, you need new rags and coffee cups" .I got in contact with the hotel manager and expressed my dissatisfaction and was assured that I would be taken care of. They brought more cups and towels. Go figure? The 1st night out of port we had fairly rough seas, so we decided to eat at the buffet. The food was ok but not really that good. Monday evening we had dinner at Cagney's More and the steaks and oysters Rockerfeller were great as was the service. Tuesday we were at Roatan and only left the ship for a short while to shop. That evening we dined at the Gardens dinning room and the service was terrible. They never brought one of our appetizers and one of the entrees. After dinner we were never offered coffee and were generally ignored. This was a pattern that was repeated time and again during this cruise. This was our 16th cruise and we have never seen service so poor.The only decent service was at the specialty restaurants.

The food at the buffets was so poor and the service in the main dinning rooms so bad that we chose to eat in the specialty restaurants nearly every night. While the food and service in the restaurants was good, there were always several items that were charged for over above the cover charge. We attempted to go ashore at Belize but after waiting on a rocking tender for 20+ minutes decided to re-board the ship and just gave up. As far as entertainment goes, we were very pleased with the comedy shows put on by second city and would highly recommend them to anyone. The Quest gameshow was a riot also. I can't comment on the casinos as we didn't go in there the entire trip. All in all this was by far the worst cruise we have ever been on and will never sail the Spirit again and probably never sail any NCL ships. As we were riding the elevator to depart the ship a lady made the comment that the staff of this ship should take a cruise on a Royal Caribbean ship and take some hints on what service really is. Less

Read more Norwegian Spirit cruise reviews >>