Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Eric L: 8-night Eastern Caribbean

0 Post

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Cruises

8-night Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: January 2008

Overall, the experience is positive and I felt sad leaving the ship. The service afforded to guests is above the level you would expect on shore in most American cities (unless you go to extremely expensive places.) Smiles are everywhere and restaurant staff even remember individual customers' preferences. Ports of Calls (Nassau, USVI, BVI, San Juan, and Antigua) are pretty good.

I mention some negative points and tips next:

1. Sushis are way below average. And they are not fusion sushis either. The sushi bar totally disappointed me -- amongst the worst sushis I have ever had. 2. Shore excursions are terribly over-priced. The trip to Virgin Gorda from Tortola costs 81 (could be 89)! I paid 30 dollars for the same trip by myself (just walk to the ferry jetty and pay 30 dollars -- they will take you to where you want and back to the ferry jetty -- no guides but everything is self-explanatory.) So my advice is: do some research before you go on what you want to see! More If you want to snorkel, there are cheaper tours waiting for you to sign up after you leave the ship. We spent 45 dollars on a snorkeling tour in Nassau and we totally regretted it because it should not have cost more than 30 dollars. Once again, I emphasize that if you are on a budget, you should NOT book a shore excursion. Make sure you do your research: where to go and how to get there. Also look at the prices of local agencies. They tell you that you may miss the ship but if you plan carefully, that will hardly ever happen. 3. Harry's Supper club is worth the money but you should go there with an empty stomach. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>