“TERRIBLE!”
Cruise review of Carnival Conquest

Rick Carnival Conquest 1 TERRIBLE!
Rick
Member Since 2000
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
On Dec 14 2007 i took my family of nine boys {all were teens} on a cruise. I heard that royal caribbean was better then carnival but i thought carnival was more family oriented so i booked on carnival.

embarkation- we got to port around 8 o clock and boarded the ship around 1:30

Ship- The ship was big but the rooms were little and stuffy. But the open places they had they tried to decorate it vegas style but it was ugly and they i guess thought it would be nice to cover up all the windows in the atrium but it was not nice i like light airy rooms

Food- The food was horrible. In the dining room the food tasted like it was old and stale. The only o.k. food is the pizza.

Staff- The staff were very rude and they looked like they did not want to be there. I got a smoking room and i requested it to be cleaned i had to ask three times for it to be cleaned. We got animal towels 1 night i don't know why? The state room was o.k. but left dirty the dresser was sticky and i left them a note to clean it up but never happened. They don't follow there word.

teen activities- My boys thought the camp was boring they said there was absolutely nothing to do. They said they talked to them about puberty. i said they did not have togo back. The next day they were bored to death the only thing that was fun was the water slide.

adult activities- i loved going to the spa. the was my most favorite thing. The sauna was so relaxing there really was no other thing for them to do but the spa

Ports- The ports were nice and the excursions were nice we all loved them our fav was grand cayman it was beautiful.

Service- The service was terrible. I called for room service and it never came i was mad. The food in the dining room took 30 minutes to get to our table and our water Pablo was so mean and rude.

Overall-overall we had a good time we did not let everything stop us from having fun we will NOT go on carnival again i will try royal caribbean.

Carnival Conquest Cruises to the Western Caribbean
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Conquest Review
Carnival Conquest Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?