Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Rick: TERRIBLE!

Carnival Conquest 1
Rick
Member Since 2000

Overall Member Rating

TERRIBLE!

Sail Date: December 2007
Embarkation: Galveston

On Dec 14 2007 i took my family of nine boys {all were teens} on a cruise. I heard that royal caribbean was better then carnival but i thought carnival was more family oriented so i booked on carnival.

embarkation- we got to port around 8 o clock and boarded the ship around 1:30

Ship- The ship was big but the rooms were little and stuffy. But the open places they had they tried to decorate it vegas style but it was ugly and they i guess thought it would be nice to cover up all the windows in the atrium but it was not nice i like light airy rooms

Food- The food was horrible. In the dining room the food tasted like it was old and stale. The only o.k. food is the pizza.

Staff- The staff were very rude and they looked like they did not want to be there. I got a smoking room and i requested it to be cleaned i had to ask three times for it to be cleaned. We got animal towels 1 night i don't know why? The state room was o.k. but left dirty the dresser More was sticky and i left them a note to clean it up but never happened. They don't follow there word.

teen activities- My boys thought the camp was boring they said there was absolutely nothing to do. They said they talked to them about puberty. i said they did not have togo back. The next day they were bored to death the only thing that was fun was the water slide.

adult activities- i loved going to the spa. the was my most favorite thing. The sauna was so relaxing there really was no other thing for them to do but the spa

Ports- The ports were nice and the excursions were nice we all loved them our fav was grand cayman it was beautiful.

Service- The service was terrible. I called for room service and it never came i was mad. The food in the dining room took 30 minutes to get to our table and our water Pablo was so mean and rude.

Overall-overall we had a good time we did not let everything stop us from having fun we will NOT go on carnival again i will try royal caribbean. Less

Published 01/07/08

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X