Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Kim: Constellation has been well-maintained

Kim
Member Since 2000

Compare Prices on Celebrity Constellation Southern Caribbean Cruises

Constellation has been well-maintained

Sail Date: December 2007
Destination: Southern Caribbean

Being under 40 yrs of age and traveling with my mother, who is 67, I often joked about being an "extra" on the set of the movie, "Cocoon"! The demographics were probably 60 and over, but a very nice time, to say the least! It was a very relaxing cruise. This was my 12th cruise and second time with Celebrity.

Embarkation was unorganized. Probably one of the worst in my cruising history. But, we waited calmly since we chose to arrive the day before so we were well rested. It took approx 1-1/2 hrs to board. I chose to avoid the elevators upon embarkation and during duration of cruise due to congestion, but I normally take the stairs for exercise purposes.

The public areas of the ship have been well taken care of. The carpeting looked new and all the other surfaces were polished to a beautiful shine. Our cabin, Family cabin, did show wear. The bathroom tiles were cracked and should of been replaced awhile ago. The couches and chair were in need of reupholstering or at More least a good steam clean. The cabin was "spacious" and the verandah was just as large. I sleep with ear plugs in and if I hadn't, I would of been woken up each morning with chair shuffling from Seaside Grill right above our cabin. We also noticed that were not able to serve ourselves at the welcome aboard lunch. I wasn't happy about that. It was at dinner that we found out why. Our waiter, JJ from Philippines, said it would be like that for 3-4 days due to Norovirus outbreaks on previous cruise. In approx 4 days into the cruise, the ban was lifted and we were able to dish our own food. The pool areas, inside and out, were very inviting and never had trouble finding a deck chair on Deck 11 or even in the AquaSpa area. The fitness Center was great. I actually used it 8 days of our 10 night cruise and took 3 pilates classes and enjoyed it. I tried it at different times of the day and never waited for a treadmill and was never pressured to limit my workout to 20 mins as the sign posted suggested.

Our cabin steward, Edwin, greeted us right away and was very pleasant. He was great about sneaking in quickly and making up the room. Our wait staff, JJ and Michael, were very quick and efficient. Our table was quickly served and we finished our dessert while other tables were just getting their main course. The food was okay. I remember the Millenium's food as better when we sailed the Med in Sept 2001. I loved the Sushi Cafe!! It was fun watching the same people arrive at 5:00 each afternoon for the amazing Sushi. I usually had a healthy breakfast and skipped lunch so I'd be hungry for my Sushi snack..Some days I did have a nice salad and very much enjoyed the healthy lunch served in the AquaSpa.

I've been to St. Thomas many times before so just got off long enough to buy a swimsuit coverup that I had failed to pack. Mom had planned to Parasail, but excursion was cancelled due to high winds. St. Kitts was beautiful and we enjoyed a catamaran ride and lunch. We had planned to ride ATV's in Barbados but was cancelled because previous rain had left the trail too muddy. I ended up taking a Barbados Highlights tour and spent alot of time on the bus in traffic and Mom went to see the Monkeys! She enjoyed that. St. Lucia was beautiful and I took note that I would enjoy staying for a week in a resort. We did the Rainforest/Sky canopy zip line. Worth every penny! St. Maarten/St. Martin was beautiful and I think they have the best dock. It was very inviting and clean. We went to Orient Beach for the day and were quickly bombarded with the "Islanders" to buy their wares.

I only went to a few shows and they were nice. I enjoyed two evenings of comedians and was amazed with "Rebecca and Phillippe". I didn't know the human body could bend in such ways!

The only major complaint that I had was regarding their smoking policy. I could not enjoy any of the bars or lounges. I have a low tolerance for cigarette smoke even though they only "allowed" smoking on one side of the ship, you couldn't avoid it by walking on the other side. It was present everywhere. The filtration system was non existent.

We had a 2:30 flight home on day of disembarkation so was not in a hurry to leave ship and it was not chaotic for me. I was able to finish the 4th novel I had brought from home. Less

Read more Celebrity Constellation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Constellation Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Constellation Family Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda Vista Deck (7) 9156