Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by J Free 203: Back from the Freedom and Wow...(Mostly)

J Free 203
Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Western Caribbean Cruises

Back from the Freedom and Wow...(Mostly)

Sail Date: December 2007

This was my 5th Carnival Cruise. I always go on the newest ship, (Liberty last time) and I love this class of ship and could never go smaller!  Got to the port first thing and glad i did as I needed to change cabin assignments and it was a little difficult I was in a 4a and on deck 7. The best deck to stay on! 2 down from Lido, 2 up from Promenade where everything happens. Also try the sushi! it's free and pretty good. . All in all on board by 12 and eating on Lido. I love the steak sandwich on the Lido grill (Make sure to ask for it) Got so much free stuff from carnival from 30.00 photo credits to a welcome aboard basket to 100.00 free in the casino and free strawberries and deserts to free bottled water!

After that met up with my group and headed to the muster drill then to an open bar party for 2 hours in the casino. "the best twenty bucks ever spent". big shout out to our waiter in the 70's Club Alberto! Once he figured out what we were drinking he kept them coming More in 2's and strong as Heck! Carnival dropped the ball here I was supposed to DJ the party as that is my profession and had written approval to do so. They would not allow me but at least the Dj played my CD's. Here is a BIG Negative for me. the DJ did not once mix a song! ALL WEEK he let each song play out or cut into the next. He had no flow to his music and really ruined my club experience all week.

With all the talk about the Piano bar we headed there and fell in love! Mark the "Piano Whore" was the man!!!! Not only his ability which was uncanny( he played songs he had never played off the top of his head!) but his personalty and the way he worked. You could pay for a request and if you didn't like the current request he would "Whore" himself out to a higher dollar request, it was awesome. At one point a song got "Whore'd" like 5 times! Mark really made the week for us. Go see him if you can! We did not do any ship booked excursions but had a blast doing our own thing on each island. Did alot of activities including trivia and name that tune! so fun!

Cruise director was great Todd what up man! and James a.k.a Alfie is hilarious! the entire "Fun Patrol" did a great job on all activities and really making people feel welcomed. Shows were decent but the end to the Big Easy show was Great!

We were in the Chic upper late seating table 212 "What's up dog" and Our waiter was the worst. Maybe it was because we were usually not sober at dinner but he was just un attentive and not nice. Henry sorry buddy, but the icing on the cake was when he ruined my Birthday surprise by asking who bought a cake! Come on really???? Food was ok, found better on the buffet sometimes.

All in all I loved the Freedom and so did the other 9 people in my group. i am already planning for a 12/09 cruise as soon as the release the dates and sailings!!! Less

Read more Carnival Freedom cruise reviews >>