Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by plink

Member Name: plink
Cruise Date: November 2007
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 8F
See More About: Carnival Miracle Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

1st Time Cruiser - Addicted
This is my first review and first time cruising so I hope I will give everyone enough information. We live in Ohio and those cruising were my DH 40's, myself 40, my BFF 50's and her boyfriend. We had balcony cabins next to each other and therefore as soon as we could we put the request into the purser to remove the divider.

We left Ohio on Thanksgiving night on Skybus ($90 flight roundtrip is too good to pass up)and stayed at the Hampton-Plantation and it was beautiful, clean and they provided shuttle from the airport and to the port which we took advantage of. We left hotel at 11 am and arrived at port around 11:30 and were on the ship by 12:15 and it was awesome. We never stood in any line getting to the ship for more than 10 minutes top. It went very, very smoothly. We did lunch on the lido desk and were told that we couldn't get to our rooms before 1:30 and it was close to that when we got in. We had no expectations of the ship or the trip and so we were never disappointed.

I was pleasantly surprised that we could find a lounge chair just about anywhere - I didn't see any chair hogs. We only did two of the adult comedy shows and the first one (can't remember name) wasn't very good - he kept laughing at his own jokes but the second one was hilarious.

Our cabin steward had a very difficult name to say so we called him "P" and he did an awesome job of taking care of our room - never had to ask for ice and he refilled what was taken from fridge.

Dinner we had Mile and Bernard as servers and they were so much fun and took such good care of my husband (who is an extremely picky eater) and my DH always found something to eat. Bernard would even bring my DH goodies on the Lido deck for lunch. The food was great at all areas on the ship. We even did room service a couple of times and found that it was adequate.

We loved the three ports - St. Maarten, St. Lucia and St. Kitts. We did our own thing on the island - St. Maarten went to Orient Beach and shopped, St. Lucia did a Cosol tour and can't recommend this tour enough - IT WAS FABULOUS!!! and then St. Kitts we did Frigate Beach and shopping. I would love to go back to these islands again - they were beautiful.

The only issue we had on the ship was when I was charged for 718 margaritas ($4,340 worth) and the bartender said it would be okay and cycle overnight. Needless to say once I realized it wasn't $700 worth and $4000 worth, we went to the purser's desk and they took it off immediately.

I can't wait to book our next cruise. I would highly recommend the Miracle and Carnival. Everyone was fabulous!!!

Publication Date: 12/06/07