Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by Linda

Cabin Category: I
Dining 5+
        7-9 5.0

11/25/07
I did a more complete review on a thread called live 11/25/07.

I traveled with my husband, daughter, and my parents. We had 2 ocean view rooms, connecting.

We arrived for embarkment at 11:30 a.m. and it went smoothly, we were on the ship by noon. Room was not ready until 1:00 p.m., so we went to Windjammer for lunch. Very nice lunch, it was crowded, but that was to be expected.

Got into our rooms and dropped off our carry on luggage and requested the connecting door to be opened. It either stays unlocked or locked the whole cruise, you are not able to lock it or unlock it yourself, but it does shut. It is also very quite between the rooms, my parents are hard of hearing and talk very loudly and we never heard them through the walls or doors. The rooms were very nice and quiet - no problems. Our room steward was Michelle from Jamaica, she was great and very friendly.

Got acquainted with the ship and then on to dinner. Time seems to speed up on the ship.

1st day at sea was pleasant. Made some excursion arrangements for Labadee. Husband took daughter to Adventure Ocean. In the afternoon they went swimming at the H20 zone. Adventure Ocean is great fun for the kids. The H20 Zone is great for anyone, kids and adults alike.

Labadee was very nice. Husband and I went to the flight line at 8:00 a.m. If you want to do this, don't miss it, and do it earlier the better, not as windy. I almost backed out, that would have been a terrible decision, it is scary at first, but so worth it. I then went on the waverunners and had a great time. My husband and daughter went to the Aqua park, my daughter (8 years) did not like this. Then we just hung out for a while, at lunch, my parents and husband went to the market. The BBQ was very nice.

Jamaica next. Booked a tour with a local tour company. It was great, went to Dunn's Falls before the crowds arrived, then toured around Ocho Rios and even stopped by a preschool and had the kids sing to us. Was very cute.

Grand Cayman, went on the reef and wreck snorkel. It was nice, not too crowded and very pleasant tour guides. Would recommend finding a nice beach to snorkel off of, if you are comfortable on your own; if not, this excursion is good.

Cozumel, did the Ruins Express Excursion. Do not recommend, takes 2 hours there and 2 hours back, with a lot of walking and very little time at the ruins. Very crowded. I am glad we did this, but now know not to do excursions like this - they are just too crowded.

Last day at sea - we are exhausted and didn't even stay up late at night. Just a lot of activity. I mostly did the packing and getting ready to get off, my husband pretty much took care of the daughter most the day.

Dinners were great. Our waiter was Sanders from Philippines and assistant waiter was Anil from Granada. Excellent team and both were individually as great. They learn your names and preferences in time.

A few glitches here and there, but that is to be expected. Great ship, great staff and great trip. We had a great time.

Publication Date: 12/06/07