Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by Meagan McIlvaine: Great trip!

Meagan McIlvaine
0 Post

Compare Prices on Radiance of the Seas Hawaii Cruises

Great trip!

Sail Date: October 2007
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: Los Angeles

I went on a 14 night Hawaii cruise for my honeymoon on October 21, 2007. It was a great trip and I knew a lot of people would write bad reviews of the trip. As I expected, there were some other honeymooners on the cruise, but the majority of the guests were over the age of 50, with more people that not over the age of 65. I am a diamond member with RCCL, having been on 13 cruises prior to this trip (I am 24 years old), so I've had a pretty good sampling of cruising and what RCCL has to offer.

We had a stateroom on the back of the ship. It was amazing as we had expected. Our stateroom attendant was great. Everytime we saw him he called us by name and was very pleasant.

The food was typical RCCL food. After being on so many cruises, you can pretty much predict what you'll be having each night. But the food was always hot and tasted good. We tried Chops one night, what a great experience.

The activities onboard were great. We played volleyball, basketball, More mini golf, climbed the rockwall, ping pong, worked out in the gym. It was great with lots of fun things to do, including hula lessons and the hukilau (sp) which is stuck in my head forever!

It was a little disappointing to have the itinerary changed, but that happens a lot when going to Hawaii. Now I have a reason to go back to Hawaii, to see the things we didn't get to see on this trip.

The captain was great. He was very involved with the guests. Typically you hear from the captain every now and then, and see him on captain's night. We saw him a lot and we enjoyed hearing his comments about what was going on.

The debarkation process was longer than usual. Like I said in the beginning, there were a lot of older people on the ship, and they were VERY anxious to get off the ship. The crew onboard was trying to only have people line up who had certain colored luggage tags. This didn't happen. Everyone onboard got in line instead of waiting in the lounges and caused a huge back up which stopped people who needed to get off first to get off of the ship. It wasn't anyone's fault except for the guests who didn't follow directions.

One major gripe that I have was the inconsiderate people that drove around on the little motorized cart things. They wouldn't look to see who was around and I was nearly hit on MANY occasions.

Overall it was an amazing trip and people need to learn to go with the flow more. Things happen and schedules change, so enjoy things while you can instead of being angry and complaining about everything. Less

Read more Radiance of the Seas cruise reviews >>