Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by John F.

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by John F.
Carnival Triumph
Carnival Triumph
Member Name: John F.
Email: jete1@bluemarble.net
Cruise Date: June 2007
Cabin Category: 4G
        13-15 3.0

Carnival Triumph - Eastern Caribbean
I would like to start of by telling you about me. I am 13 and this is my fifth cruise. I have been on the Disney Magic twice and the Carnival Paradise twice as well. If you have any questions email me at jete1@bluemarble.net

Embarktion: It was a breeze which is why I gave it a five. We arrived at noon sharp and got our luggage taken, went through security, got our sail and sign cards, and got on the ship at 12:25. They have recently remodled the Miami Port as is way better than the other two times I had been there. You must arrive at noon or else it is a madhouse to get on!

Public Rooms: I gave this a two because they were anything but spectacular. The library was open for an hour each day and had nothing good. Any other rooms had always something going on in them (Camp Carnival, bingo, ect.)

Cabin: My family and I had two simple interior staterooms. If you have more than two in your party I do recomend too because they get crowded easy. We don't spend much time in there but when I did it was for showers and the bathrooms had everything you needed. The t.v. had some ok channels but not much to choose from.

Fitness/Recreation: I did go to the gym one time with my dad. It was nice as they had a lot of cardio type things and free weights. The spa was nice. I had a back massage and a full body. They were both awesome but they spent about 15 minutes talking about your feelings and stuff and I wasn't there for that.

Enrichment: Please tell me what kind of a teenager wants enrichment? To say the least even if I wanted some there was none to be found. The books were pretty bad and nothing appealed to me.

Rates: Well looking at my dads bills which he decided to leave on the table we got a pretty good deal compared to the internet. We have a neighbor who works for a private agency and her son works for Carnival so we get the best deal possible.

Children's Programs (Camp Carnival): It was dull. They had all these activites that no one went to because they seemed very childish. Arts and crafts and all that stuff is not what I want to be doing on vacation. They had a basketball tournament that I ended up having to play with 8 year olds because no one showed up. It was boring and I felt like I had to give the ball up everytime because the parents were psycho when I shot the ball. They did have a huge positive and it was the Teen Disco. I went every night and met like dozens of people who I keep in contact all the time. The camp counselors were nice and very friendly.

Dining: Wow, is the food great. I had two main courses almost every night. The waiters were awesome and the dances and songs were hilarious. I really like dining and think it can make or break a cruise. This defineatly made it a lot better. Also the South Beach Club was always packed at lunch. I always had chinese or pizza 24/7.

Entertainment: I only gave it a four because every night my parents told me how awesome it was and how I should go. Never did go, shows just aren't my thing. Although the arcade was fun, but don't spend to much money there. And I did go to karoke and little things to keep me entertained. What such good talent folks posses. Sarcastically speaking of course. And Tony Ray the piano guy was awesome. He plays outside the casino and I had him sing Sweet Caroline almost every night.

Service: I was impressed. With over 3000 people aboard I figured to hear a hello a few times. Every time I greeted a crew member I got a smile and a how are ya? The security gaurd was awesome. I can't remember his name but I wrote it down on the compliment thingy sheet at the end of the cruise. The dining talks about my waiter service.

Ports of Calls and Shore Excursions: First off was Half Moon Cay. It is a private island owned by Carnival. The beach was awesome and had a lot setup for the younger kids. I just enjoyed being in the ocean water. Later me and my dad went on a bike ride. The tour guide was awesome and was so proud to have a pool table and air conditioning in his trailer. My sister and mom went horseback riding and loved it. We all recomend what we did for our shore excursions.

St. Thomas/ St. John was next up. We walked around St. Thomas for a while. They were rebuilding the pier and it was going great. They had tons of desinger stores and it was all duty free. We then took a boat to St. John through Carnival to Trunk Bay(*Note* All excursions were made through carnival *Note*). Trunk Bay is incredible. It is beautiful and one of the top beaches in the world. I totally recomend it. YOU HAVE TO GO!

San Juan, Puerto Rico was the third stop. The family took a historical tour through the city. We went to many places and got a background of it. They are very proud of their history and it shows. It also happened to be 4th of July so it was an extra special day. We also walked around to some stores and ate some food.

Grand Turk wow, what can I say. The family and I all went ultimate snorkeling. It was a blast and I had a ton of fun. We then went to Margaritaville. That was awesome! They had dance offs, sexy swimsuit, and all sorts of games. Not to mention a pool and a bar in the water. It was the most fun I have had in a while.

Overall the crusie was awesome. It had little down compared to huge ups. Would defineatly recomend it for parents with kids.

Publication Date: 11/27/07