Carnival Glory Cruise Review by marti1

Cruise Date: November 2007
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: 8A

Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean
This was my 12 sailing with Carnival. I have been on several other cruise lines. We had a private shuttle from Orlando,as there was a group of 14 ladies from Mi. The men go deer hunting and we so sailing. Embarkation was a breeze. Went right to our rooms, dropped off luggage and then to the Lido for lunch. It was very good. For the overall sailing I thought the food was a little lacking. Breakfast in the Red Sail was the same thing every morning. Lot of selection, but the same old, same old. Lunch was good in the Red Sail, but that layout on the Conquest ships is very congested. I like the fish and chips restaurant, but many people were unaware of it. Dinner is where I had the most complaints. I an not a fussy eater, but several dish's I did not finish, just because there was no taste. I did order steak one night and it was one of the best I have ever had. Cooked perfect. Wait staff was good, but nothing special. I have thought food on other Carnival ships to have been much better. The rest of the cruise was good, ship was even a little quiet I thought. Shows very good, other than the one late night comedian. He was a little sarcastic and got heckled from the audience. In fact I think he cut his show a little short. I think the debarkation was the worst I have been thru. It was almost 9:45 when our number was called and we had blue 15. Not sure when #30 got off. They really do have to get this program together. Over all a good cruise, but I think compared to other Carnival ships, this one is just a little off course.

Publication Date: 11/22/07