Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by Floridagal

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by Floridagal
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: Floridagal
Cruise Date: March 2004
Cabin Category: f
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Enchantment of the Seas - Western Caribbean
This was only our second cruise, but we thought the EOS was a great ship! Service: Our dining room staff, Leanne from England and Sabit from Macedonia, were AWESOME!! They make a great team and it is obvious that both take great pride in their work. Alex was our barkeep in the dining room, and after the first night, he had ice cold glasses and a Bud Light waiting for my husband each evening. Rey from the Philippines was our room attendant and he kept us well stocked with ice for the small carry on cooler we kept in our cabin. I drink a lot of water, and took several bottles, as well as a few cans of soft drinks and beer. We only had to ask Rey for ice twice and after that, he began filling the bag for us.

Food: This is subject to each person's taste, but I found every meal to be tasty and satisfying. Leanne made recommendations each evening, and we were never disappointed! We ate breakfast and lunch once each in the dining room, and the rest of the time in the Windjammer. We like lighter lunch fares, and found the Windjammer more suitable for these meals for us.

Entertainment: The first evening, Max Docilli, a comedian, made us laugh and provided a great start for the cruise. The second evening was a production by the RC Singers and Dancers, "Can't Sto the Rock". I was not particularly impressed with this show, but it may have had more to do with my need for sleep! Our third night found us entertained by headliner, Johnny Thunder from the Drifters (you would never ever guess he is 71!) I love the songs of old Motown, and Mr. Thunder did not disappoint me. Due to technical difficulties with the main curtain, our show for the fourth night was canceled. It was anticipated that we would have a matinee showing the next day, but the curtain could not be repaired. Our last evening brought forth a routine by Matt, the cruise director, and magician Jeff. I have never seen my husband laugh so hard as he did with Jeff. Overall, I would rate the entertainment very good.

Cabin: We were in an oceanview cabin, 4552. I found this to be the ideal location with only one small regret. The smoking area for the Centrum was outside the entry to our hallway. Otherwise, we were close to the Dining Room, elevators and stairs, and in general to everything we needed.

Ship overall: It is obvious the ship is a little older and could use a touch up here and there. I did note that the staff were constantly cleaning and performing maintenance. Matt, the cruise director, is an absolute "hoot", and kept things moving. My only disparaging remark would be how the tender service into Belize City was handled. For those folks who book independent excursions, be aware that you are last off the ship. Those cruisers who book through RCCL were given priority and it caused several folks to be very late to meet their guides.

Hats off to RCCL for a cruise well done! Nancy