Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by Actress Cruiser

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by Actress Cruiser
Radiance of the Seas
Radiance of the Seas
Member Name: Actress Cruiser
Cruise Date: October 2007
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Hawaii
Cabin Category: bal
See More About: Radiance of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Hawaii Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Radiance of the Seas - Hawaii
I'd like to add my voice to the previous reviews of our recent Hawaii cruise - it really was quite a disappointment, and this is coming from one who's done a great many cruises. Among many other factors were the interminably long wait in the L. A. airport for the bus to the ship, the change in itinerary, the nightmare of the disembarkation, and the Captain who couldn't seem to get off the "mike" once he started his announcements. My biggest gripe, however, had to do with the entertainment. In 14 nights, we had exactly two "production" shows featuring the ship's singers and dancers - and I have to say they were pretty ordinary. We were treated to jugglers on 2 separate evenings, and one night they made a big show of announcing a MOVIE, for heaven's sake, as the evening's show. I suppose the juggler on the farewell show was good enough, but he had been on our tender coming over from Maui - and had behaved like such an obnoxious boor that we were prepared to dislike him, no matter what his particular talent was! Also - the people at the Guest Relations counter should have been in any job but that! Normally, you find your most pleasant and helpful people at that desk, but not so this time! They were ill-informed, disinterested, and - on occasion - downright rude! OH yes - and then there was the wine selection in the "wine packages" in the dining room. My companion and I always purchase these, and it's fun trying the various vintages. In this case, they were all of the cheapest variety (tho quite pricey) and frankly, just not very good! I have to say some of the crew were exceptional - one young man named Barrack (sp) was on hand during that awful disembarking, and trying his best to be helpful - but they needed more people like him. And, on the cruise director's staff, a young man from Trinidad who called himself Ricky Ricardo was truly wonderful. He came into the auditorium the day we were prevented from getting off in Maui and left sitting there for hours, and did his level best to calm the annoyed crowd and lighten the load. I could see him as a great Cruise Director some day. All in all, I'm just not sure I'd opt for Royal Caribbean again - it's back to Disney and Celebrity.

Publication Date: 11/19/07