Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by michcun

Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas
Background Information: We cruise frequently, this was my 10th RCL cruise and my husbands 9th, our sixth cruise in the last 12 months including Europe, Transatlantic and Hawaii. We prefer Royal Caribbean over the other 4 cruise lines we have tried including Crystal, Celebrity and Holland America. The ships are just so much nicer.

Hotel Info:We always begin by shopping in Miami Beach or whatever port we are at for two days...this time choose the Beachcomber hotel in Miami Beach. Ship Info:We booked three back to back cruises on the Majesty in the same cabin and were looking forward to finding out what would be the experience of checking on two more times.

Activities: There are plenty of activities but we don't seek them out. Service: This was the best service we have found on any cruise ship...even the staff in the gift shops were polite and super courteous, I was made a secret shopper for a 10 dollar credit and gave a rave review. Last year we had many complaints about the Freedom of the Seas, service wise it was the pits.

Shore Excursions: We live full time in Cancun so we don't seek out travel agency type excursions and prefer to do things on our own...as in the 4usd shuttle to the Atlantis Hotel...Have lunch in a seafront restaurant in Key West...etc Summary: We would do a back to back to back again with Royal Caribbean, we usually take two cruises back to back but this was the first time we have stayed on the same ship. Its a very simple procedure and you have the entire ship to yourself the morning everyone is leaving. Its so perfectly ours!

Travel To Port of Embarkation:Cancun to Miami is only one hour...and the taxi to Miami Beach only about 32usd. Stateroom:our room was 122square feet and the smallest room we have ever ever had, but its an older ship...we dealt. Great location , close to everything. We usually like the top floor.

Dining: Our waiters were spectacular and the Head Waiter made sure we had our table for two and had it for the three consecutive cruises, very good!Much less fuss than previous times.

Children's Clubs:not too many kids and that was great

Entertainment: Phil Tag from New York was our comedian for the first two cruises and we talked to him all over the ship...he made his show longer the second time. There were 32 Miss Americas for 2008 onboard the ship as well...I did buy new dresses but I was not aware that each night was going to be the evening gown competition...not too worrisome, this girls were babies.

Disembarkation: Well, the first two times we did not get off, the last day we decided we did not want to see the fuss so we flew off with our luggage in hand, all six pieces (4 small bags from the cruiseline's store) in hand at 7am. Very easy as on the last trip we hit Key West last, we did not have to do the procedure that is typical of arriving in Miami. **We had many itinerary changes, which was great for us as we were on three times...but not great for everyone else. The first trip took us to Key West the first night and then to Cozumel...which we can practically see every day from our home! We did not see Coco Cay until the 3rd trip! Because of the storms...but the weather was great the entire time, and I love Nassau, the Atlantis and the main street...

There should be a special section at the front desk for Diamond members because on the last day I learned much too late that they had not transferred my credit card over from the second cruise, their mistake, and had I waited in that line with the discrepancies...I would have missed my flight...fortunately having made friends with the staff after 12 days with them we were looked after and I was very thankful...but not all the staff at the front desk felt the same. I just would not have survived had I waited in that line, it would have destroyed our last day because of their error.

Publication Date: 11/15/07