Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Rick

10-12 1.0
        13-15 1.0
        16+ 2.0

Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES!!!

This cruise was a waste of vacation time and money. The ship was WAY overcrowded. The service was terrible. Carnival automatically charges your credit card for gratuity, so the crew doesn't have to "earn" their tips ($70.00/person!). My wife, myself and 4 children cost me $420 in gratuity for terrible service. The overcrowding may have attributed to this as well.

There was a long line for everything. On more than one occasion, they shut the buffet line down right in front of people that had been standing in line for a long time. When you finally did make it to the food buffet, there were mass quantities of mediocre food. The buffets were shut down a lot of the time. Many times there was no place to get anything to eat on the entire ship, unless you wanted a hotdog or hamburger. After a few days of those, you wonder why you spent so much money to be on this ship.

Ice cream machines were shut down or empty on more than one occasion. NO clean coffee cups in the dining area to get coffee. Several times our rooms were not serviced. The waiter service at dinner left something to be desired. You had to get to a show at least 30 minutes early just to get seat of any kind. Everything was so crowded, I felt like we were trapped in Six Flags waiting in line for seven days.

At the end of the cruise, I received my bill for the "sign and sail on board credit card." The charge for gratuity was $420.00. $70.00 per head, even for my small children. I went to the Purser's desk to discuss this, but again, there was a huge line. We were trying to get off the ship, so I decided to call when I got home. Finally got someone to talk to me on the phone, but their answer was "I had to take care of that before I got off the ship." I told him I would still be there standing in line if that was the case. "Sorry, nobody can help me" was the only answer I could get.

I will never be on ANY Carnival Cruise ship, ever!

Publication Date: 11/14/07