Carnival Pride 5

“Carnival Pride - Mexican Riviera”
Cruise review of Carnival Pride

toasted1

Overall Member Rating

This was the second cruise for my wife and I. We took our three children, ages 7, 8, and 10 along this time. Our first cruise was an eight day cruise to the Mexican Riviera on the Carnival Spirit. The experience was such a good one we decided on going on the Spirits sister ship, the Pride, to visit the other ports in Mexico we had not visited on our first cruise.

We live within an hours drive of the port so I was not in a hurry to arrive. We arrived about 1 PM to be greeted with a large line to board and were surprised there were still people disembarking from the Pride. It took approximately one hour to get aboard. Since the ship is a near twin of the Spirit I was able to find my way around without any difficulties and found the ship was decorated very elegantly.

We had a veranda cabin next to my parents cabin and had the balcony door between our cabins opened for easy access to each other. Our cabin steward Ida was fantastic and he kept our rooms immaculate. He More went the extra mile to keep us very happy.

If I had to say there was a negative to our trip it was the quality of food. The buffet in the Mermaids grill was tolerable at best. We had the first seating in the Normandie Room and this time time around I found the food below average. I must say our waiters Sean and Aaron did a great job serving us and keeping my childrens finicky appetites satisfied.

We booked our own excursions and saved quite a bit of money. The Pirate Ship in Puerta Vallarta was a rough ride and not for those who get sea sick but the Crew and Pirates made the experience a laugh fest and our children loved it. We booked the Stone Island Excursion in Mazatlan. It was not what I thought it would be was an okay way to spend a part of the day in Mazatlan. Cabo was great but the stay was too short. Our children did the Dolphin Encounter and loved it. The rest of the day was spent walking and shopping.

The on-board entertainment could have been better. A ventriloquist act from Las Vegas was terrible. A magician/comedian was good but the headliner comedian should have been opening for the magician.

The crew for the most part was friendly and after a couple of days they quickly learned our names and our needs. We found even the most serious faced ones had senses of humor.

For the price I thought the experience was a good one. My children loved it and at times did not want to leave the Kid Carnival because they were having too much fun. They are definitely looking forward to our next cruise. Less

Carnival Pride Cruises to the Mexican Riviera

Published 11/14/07

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review

Carnival Pride Cruises to the Mexican Riviera

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?