Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by tisambas: Celebrity Summit - Hawaii

Celebrity Summit - Hawaii

Sail Date: October 2007
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: San Diego

We arrived at the port at 11:30 and were onboard by 11:45- no lines.

We loved our room with the extra large balcony but had a great deal of trouble with the poor circulation that brought tobacco smoke into our room. The staff were terrific in trying to control this problem by sprinkling a deodorizer on the carpet and then providing us an air cleaner for the rest of the days. My main complaint with this cruise was it was the smokiest ship that we have ever been in. We had to leave many public rooms due to the smoke drifting over from the smoking side. Our room continued to fill with tobacco smoke, but they did the best that they could to discourage our neighbor from smoking quite as much. I wish that they made one side of the ship's cabins for smokers a the other side for non-smokers so that everyone was happy.

Jefferson Ang was my favorite performer, the comedians were funny, but the singers and dancers were not quite as good as Royal Caribbean or Carnival's. More

The food was great and the service was even better. We loved our server Balkan who even went beyond the call of duty in the casual dining area when he saw us in there. He went down to the 4th floor to bring me Diet Cokes every morning!!

I am 44 and traveled with my 17 year old daughter. There were only 6 kids on board so she was left sort of high and dry regarding having a teen club to socialize with. However, the youth care staff were very good to her and she enjoyed stopping in to chat with them daily. Many of the other staff learned her age and made her feel very special. I was in a minority as far as my age group- most people were 20 years or more older than me! I am used to a younger age group or parents on the other lines. Notmuch night life if I was looking for it.I was content to sit on the balcony at night.

We enjoyed Lindsay and her trivia game, but I found some of Allen's jokes a bit off color and did not have much or an appreciation for his personality and presentation. This may have been due to him being used to having an audience of seniors rather than of my age group.

I really enjoyed being so spoiled on this cruise by the service staff, my only complaint was that the smoking was intolerable and the poor circulation made the problem even more severe.

We rented a car at each port instead of taking the ship tours so we were able to see things that we were interested in and move about with ease on the Islands.

The weather was chilly, but the staff warmed up our hearts. Special praise for the very personable photographers, dining room servers, and room attendants. It is so nice to hear all of the time, "It is my pleasure." Less

Read more Celebrity Summit cruise reviews >>