Carnival Glory Cruise Review by 4evercruiser

Cruise Date: November 2007
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: 6A

Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean
My boyfriend and I sailed on the Glory on 11/03/07. We were celebrating our 4th anniversary together as a couple. We sailed last year on the Inspiration and had a wonderful time. This cruise on the Glory was my third cruise. My very 1st cruise was on the Sensation in 2004.

My boyfriend and I live in Tampa, so we drove our own car to Port Canaveral that morning. It was about a 2-hour drive. Embarkation went pretty painless. There was a line at check-in, but it moved fairly quickly. We were on the ship by 12:30.

When we were checking in, were told that our room would not be ready until 1:30. So we ate lunch in the Red Sail Restaurant on the Lido deck. The food was pretty good for being buffet-style. After we ate, we walked around the ship taking pictures. At 1:30 we made our way down to deck 2 to our stateroom. We booked an oceanview stateroom. The room was kept very clean and Jason, our room steward, was very friendly and helpful. We brought our own bottled water on board and Jason always made sure the ice bucket was filled with ice every day. I especially loved the nightly turn-down service with a new towel animal each night.

The entertainment on board was pretty good. I especially liked the magic show they had one night. Janae was a petty good singer, although it sounded like she was screaming instead of singing whenever she hit those high notes. Our cruise director, Wee Jimmy, was great at keeping the guests entertained. He always had me laughing at all his jokes.

I thought the food on the Glory was pretty good. We ate in the Golden dining room most nights. I thought the food was better there than in the Red Sail. I highly recommend the warm chocolate melting cake for dessert. Tibor our waiter always treated us like guests in his own home. My boyfriend and I did the supper club one night. It costs $30pp and the atmosphere was intimate and elegant. The food was definitely worth the price. I also enjoyed the deli sandwiches and the cheeseburgers at the grill on the lido deck.

The original ports of call itinerary of cozumel, belize, costa maya, and nassau were changed due to hurricanes dean and felix. Instead they sent us to cozumel, belize, isla roatan, and freeport. This was my second time in cozumel. The 1st time was in 2004 on the Sensation. Cozumel is the best port for shopping. There are lots of stores and the prices are decent. My boyfriend and I walked around the shops and ate lunch at Carlos and Charley's before heading back on the ship. In Belize, we booked an excursion at the Bacab Eco Park and Butterfly house. It was nice to look at all the butterflies. We were also provided lunch afterwards and time to swim in the gigantic swimming pool. There was even a bar right next to the pool. In Roatan, we did the dolphin encounter. For this excursion, we were bused to Anthony's Key Resort and the took a short boat ride to a beach were the dolphins were kept. Then we were divided into groups of 8-10 people per 1 trainer and 1 dolphin. For thirty minutes we got to touch, hug and play with the dolphin. There was also a photographer taking pictures of our personal encounter with the dolphin. For $40 dollars you can purchase you photos on burned disc to take home. For a dolphin fanatic like me, this excursion was a lot of fun. the only bad thing about it was that it rained the whole time we were in Roatan. But I had fun anyway. We did not book any excursions in Freeport. My boyfriend wanted to go to the strawmarket. For $5pp you can take a cab to Port Lucayan strawmarket. We shopped around for awhile. I was not too impressed. I thought the prices in the shops were over-priced. Plus I wanted to get back on the ship and hang out on the pool deck. Here is a tip: the best time to lay out by the pool is when the ship is in port. Any other time it was way too crowded.

Debarkation went pretty smoothly. The night before, you are given luggage tags with a number on them. You exit the ship when your number is called. We were off the ship and leaving port canaveral by 10:15 in the morning.

Overall, we had a wonderful time. We will definitely sail on the Glory again on our next cruise.

Publication Date: 11/12/07