Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by JPTexan82

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by JPTexan82
Liberty of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Member Name: JPTexan82
Cruise Date: October 2007
Cabin Category: E1
See More About: Liberty of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+

Liberty of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean
Well this was my first cruise ever I am 25, and you know it was great. We flew in from the Texas the day before and stayed in downtown Miami at the Radisson. We got to the port at about 10am to board at 11. Boarding was east, just a CC and you set sail pass and your good to go. There was a group of 9 of us, it was just my wife and I in our cabin. We booked a E1 balcony and got state room 8282 which is midship. Deck 8 is three floors up to the pool and three down to the promenade. The cabins bed was great just so soft, I wish the A/C was cooler though. The mini fridge was great to have, I would just grab cokes out of there and get milk from the Windjammer and keep them in there too. The balcony was nice to sit on and have breakfast as well. The only thing I don't like about the Balcony is that you can see through the glass ever though its smoked glass, you can without trying look into other cabins. You know I didn't really even set on the couch that much either.

Day 1 Well its good busy day after check in, go to the pool which is great, I found the warmest on the whole ship is the kid pool in the H2O zone. The others were all cold, but I could still get in them. As we sailed out of Miami, the wife and I sat in the hottub in the Solarium on the port side and just watched the city sail away. At about 6 we went to the cabin and all of our bags were in the there. Dale our cabin dude!! always had a smile, the little things he did for the week was nice. I needed shirts pressed, he ask when you need them by, he did it by. Like putting the bags in the cabin it did it. Some rooms were left in the hallways, stuff like that, and always had a smile and ask about our day every time. You don't get that every where. There is a Welcome aboard show which is good, And thats where Ken Rush comes out and says Hi. That guy, well That Guy he works hard all week and is good at what is does. We went to dinner had the late dining, nice food, good table with a water view. OK staff there.

Day 2 at Sea I woke up at 4 am went for a walk around deck so quite and windy but nice off in the distance there was a other cruise ship about 5 miles away. I got Chairs in the solarium and just relaxed all day, that was the first time in over a year I have taken time away from work. We didn't even got to dinner that night. Just went to Windjammer, it was formal night but the hot tubs are great at night.

Day 3 San Juan Well this day is nice, almost a whole day at sea then the evening at San Juan. Wow what a pretty city to sail into, that fort and the mountains. Well the buckets of Beer go down with ease, I could fell it by the time 3 o'clock came around. As we got off the ship I saw a moped rental shop, pricey but fun. Good way to look around, if you don't speak spanish or scared of cars don't do this. I don't speak or read that good at all in the first place, lol. Then try to do this with bud light in the system. We went out to a beach, I have know idea which one, but the water was great. Then went back to old town saw a Coach store, the wife loves them, $500 later back on the bike. We got back on board at 7:30 after our fun, went to the pool, watch San Juan sail away after dinner in the Windjammer. You might ask how come so much buffet, I just didn't want to get dressed up, I was relaxed.

Day 4 St Martin Got up early watch us sail into port, There was the Disney Magic, the Liberty is so much bigger. Did a the all day tour of the island. Bad tour they take you to the French side and do some shopping. But the French only take the Euro. Well two burgers with fries and two cokes $35 thats worse than a hotel resort. The french side is like going to the bronx, nasty. The was a bad smell in the air. Got back on the Bus and they took us to do snorkeling which was nice. Got back to the ship at 5 we were tired, so we just went to Jonny Rockets that place is good. I never went to one before its fun. Went to a show

Day 5 at sea More buckets of beer, rock climbing wall, some ping pong, putt putt, and surfing. Ping pong and beer are the most fun. Surfing is tough but I tried, the rock climbing fun and tiring. The pools were great this day. The music was fun, now I know the words to I Shot the Sheriff. That night we went to dinner it was formal night, very good food. Also the Ice show in studio B. Great do not forget about that. The Casino wow keep me out of there, there is a lot to chose from there.

Day 6 Haiti This was the best stop, just laying by the beach with some limes and beer. The food was great, the best jerk chicken. The water was great gave a guy $20 for chairs under a straw umbrella at hideaway beach not crowded and not rocky either. We to the market and bought a wood cup, I didn't even need or want a wood cup. Those guys are good. Or it was just me, I mean I was walking around with sun tan lotion on my chest of a smiling face wearing a captains hat.

Day 7 at sea You look at the ship and wonder how it works, how it all came together, and keep telling yourself I don't want to go back to the real world tomorrow. The shops on deck 5 the shows, the food by the pool one night. There was a band on board that we watched a few times called 7th heaven sounded great heard them play twice. It was a good week, great week. I smiled all week, and had fun. I didn't have to drive to go eat or fight lines at disney world. The only thing is, Do people really don't know how to use a lift????? Come when to doors open let the people get off first then get on.

Day 8 I am crying as I am leaving. customs was easy, bags were there. Now I have to wait to OCT the 4th 2008 till my next one.

Publication Date: 11/11/07