Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by sldobson

Destination: Hawaii
Service Not Rated

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
Pride of Aloha - Hawaii
Oh Boy.... where should I start I traveled with my daughter and son-in-law although we were meeting the rest of the group at ship. We decided to travel a few days ahead of the cruise to be on the safe side of "glitches" in plane schedules. We stayed in Maui for two nights and planned some land tours--Luai and a tour of the island which were both great.I'm glad we did this because it left us rested after the long flight and kiddie meals we received. However, our seats were pretty good until the passenger in front of me decided to lay in my lap! (Oh No! not to be!), then the one in back of me decides to give me prolonged foot /kick massage(WHEW). Well now, we are well rested,had breakfast,shower and are ready for the Pride of Aloha!!

We left for the ship the morning of the cruise by cab and arrived in plenty of time...in fact our rooms were not quite ready,so we went to Lido deck to have lunch while we waited. But with the cordial greetings of "Aloha"... where is the lei??? Strictly advertising gimmick,I see. Finally, our rooms are ready--now we can unload our carry-ons,etc. The rooms are a little small, but sufficient. Our room steward was great..Chantal I believe. Luggage came a little later. Now for the meals to follow---- below average.Now whazup with free style dining?? All the non-cover dining rooms open and closed at the same time??Where is the free styling?? Don't understand that concept. The buffet on Lido were average at best--hot-never,warm-most

of the time,long lines which were due to people picking and choosing over the food. Restaurant food was not that great either. I only ate there twice..once for dinner and once for breakfast at two of the restaurants. The entertainment left a lot to be desired, what there was of it... one bingo game in lieu of no gambling as is Hawaii's law..but nothing else entertaining. Oh,wait..there was arts and crafts in the cultural center,which you had to pay for some of the products used. Where was the Art Show? Entertainment in Theater was short and....

the tours were OVERPRICED!!!@ We found a flyer with much,much cheaper prices going to same places. We had a very good tour operator. One of our highlights at each port was stopping at WALMARTS or K-Marts as the case may be :--).That's where you get your souvenirs and stuff. Resting on the Lido deck was an adventure too. The deck chairs were falling apart and rusted out(BUMMER) Chairs on the balconies were uncomfortable,my daughter said. So she dragged a lounge chair from lido to her room!!! Oh! and where were the personnel that kept the halls,windows and other places on the ship clean and sparkly? Not to be found...dust around the elevator signs,etc.No touch up painting on this ship or touch up anything.

To sum it up,Pride Of Aloha needs some serious upgrading of every thing.One of the best thing was getting off.... went pretty quickly. I have been cruising since the 80's and this was my worst experience..I have been on little ones,medium sized and megas...but this was the "pits" To have traveled so far/so long and to find this was not a pleasant experience. Pride Of Aloha-----ALOHA!!!!

Publication Date: 11/11/07