Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Jacqueline Robinson: Carnival Triumph - Eastern Mediterranean

Jacqueline Robinson
0 Post

Service Not Rated
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Carnival Triumph - Eastern Mediterranean

Sail Date: December 2003
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

My husband and I had never been on a cruise before, so imagine seeing your first HUGE cruise ship and realizing that a dream was coming true. After receiving our Sign&Sail card, my husband and I took off to find our room and search for what cruise ships are known for....

FOOD. Well, found it, had a nice lunch and returned for the required lifeboat drill which wasn't bad at all. The ship was originally scheduled to leave that day but due to mechanical problems didn't leave until early the next morning (Sunday). It was nice to wake up in our room, go out on the balcony and watch the ship being following by a tug boat.

We had our first formal dinner on Sunday night and it was nice getting dressed up. Went to bed early to prepare for two days in Cozumel. The first day we shopped and visited the mall and went on a pirate dinner cruise (lots of fun). Tuesday we did the SeaTrek Helmet diving and had a great experience (ladies, your hair doesn't even get wet). We left More Tuesday afternoon heading for the Grand Caymans. Wednesday was Grand Caymans day and this is where we got on launches and walked around the downtown area. This was one part of the cruise they could have skipped as far as I was concerned due to the fact that if you don't have a lot of money to spend, it's really a waste of time and the weather was rainy in the morning and hot and humid in the afternoon.

Luckily we left that afternoon and headed for the Ocho Rios, Jamaica where we arrived on Wednesday. While in Ocho Rios we took a tour of the town and went to the Dunn's River Falls which we climbed and had a great time. I might want to point out that the vendors there are rather pushy which was the only downside of the town. We spent the following day at sea and returned to Miami on Saturday and vowed to do another cruise. We are now booked on the Carnival Glory in March 2005 and will see the Eastern half of the Caribbean. Let me add the food was wonderful (we ate in the dining room every night except one) and my husband and his friend ate their weight in ice cream. I would sail on the Triumph again and recommend it to anyone who is a first time cruiser. Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>