Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by kaseykahnefan: Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean

kaseykahnefan
Member Since 2007
2,761 Posts

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: October 2007
Embarkation: Galveston

This was my second cruise. The first cruise was also on the Conquest in May 2007. I went through Carnival using the same Carnival Vacation Planner, Vanessa as I did last time. Vanessa is awesome. Everything went smoothly. I went on this cruise with my fifteen year old cousin, my friend and her sixteen year old daughter. We arrived in Galveston on Saturday and found we had been upgraded to the Baymont Suites. It was a very nice upgrade. We went to eat at Fisherman's Wharf with some very nice Cruise Critic Members we had met on our roll call. Then it was off to the Galveston Beach.

Embarkation Day: We got to the ship about 11:30 or so. Everything went pretty smoothly because people were already getting on ship so there was not a line backed up. We got through security and through the Carnival line. We did have our documents in hand and our fun passes filled out. I highly recommend this. Got our sail and sign cards and off we went to board the ship. We took an embarkation photo More (the first of many photos). First thing we did was go eat at sur mer where we all four had fish and chips. I highly recommend it. I had the bouillabaisse (spelling) very delicious. Then we sampled food from the buffet and got some pizza. Met our cruise critic group for a little met and greet. Then went to muster drill. This was painless and then we were off. Watched the ship sail away. Later we got ready and ate in the dining room. The first two days were fun days at sea. I played alot of trivia. I am not much for laying out by the pool but people who were doing it seemed to be having fun. I played alot of the games and watched the newlywed game which was sooo funny.

Okay so the food in my opinion was very good. Had lobster, steak, duck among other things. We did not go to the supper club so no knowledge there.

Our first port of call was Montego Bay, Jamaica. We got a cab to take us to Sunset Beach Resort for the day. It was 40.00 for adults and 20.00 for kids. We had access to the beach, the water park and the buffet, and drinks. The main pool was closed due to construction at the Resort but the waterpark was nice. The food was good. I would go back to Sunset Beach Resort.

The second port of call was Grand Cayman. Due to some bad weather moving onto the island we were to be back on ship early. My cousin and I did some shopping and then went back to the ship. We were back by 11:30. Ate some lunch. Then my cruisemates wanted to take a nap. I did not want to so I went to the spa deck and sat in the hottub and went swimming. Very nice and quiet. Then I went down to the lobby deck and went outside. Very quiet deck. And I feel asleep for about an hour and a half and woke up to the Mariner of the Seas horn honking and our ship moving and away we went. Had a lovely formal evening meal and went to Karaoke on this night. I did "Ice Ice Baby" and it was hysterical. A storm came in and the ship was rocking pretty bad but it was still fun.

The third port of call was Cozumel which is my absolute favorite. We rented a jeep and found a nice beach on the other side of the island. Stopped and swam for a while and had lunch. Then drove around. Did some shopping and went back to the ship. Went swimming on the ship and sat in the hottub. That night we did not go to dinner in the dining room but just ate hamburgers. The last day at sea was Saturday. The winds were very high and caused high waves. The shop was rocking very badly. I did not get sick but did feel nauseous a couple of times. But it was okay. I finally went to the casino and lost. Played some trivia games, attended the debarkation speech, packed up.

Debarkation: Went fine. They called our number, got off the ship, located our luggage, went through customs, got a cab and went to the airport.

The trivia games and such are well organized and are kept pretty much on schedule. I got to know the social host to where they knew me by name. They were really good and really friendly and fun. They are Jessica, Carlos, and Randy. The assistant cruise director is pete. I had the opportunity to talk with Pete and he remembered me from the last cruise. Marc Price was the cruise director for this cruise and we were so happy to have him back. Unfortunately he he had a family emergency and had to go back to england. So Butch Begovitch was flown in to take over but Pete did most of things Marc was going to do. I won two ships on a stick and five medals... whoo hooo.

We attended an open bar party organized by one of our cruise critic friends. Patti: If you read this you are awesome, thank you so much. Much love is sent to you. It was fun and a good time seemed to be had by all.

The Mardi Gras party to us was so much fun. We were divided into our teams and went from station to station. Do not miss this. It is lots of fun. GO WHITE TEAM GO WHITE TEAM GO WHITE TEAM GO!!!

We attended the Halloween party which was fun.

We attended the shows. Well most of them. I attended point and click, the welcome aboard show, the jugglers and ventriloquist, and the Carnival Legends. Do not miss the Legends show it is funny.... My friend went to the show formidable and the magician and liked it. The only was our dining time conflicted with some of the games. I love playing the trivia so I was disappointed to miss some of it. but oh well.

They divide you up into teams based on your dining room assignment and if you participate in any games or anything you get points for your team. Most people seemed to have a lot of fun with this.

All in all another great cruise from Carnival. I highly recommend the Conquest. I will definitely cruise Carnival again. Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>