Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by tracer34: Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean

tracer34
Member Since 2007

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: October 2007
Embarkation: Galveston

This was my wife and I 2nd cruise on Carnival. Was on the Triumph in December and loved it. Anyway we and two of our friends booked the Conquest out of Galveston for 10/21/07 to 10/28/07.

We left Oklahoma Saturday and stayed at the Super 8 in Galveston. Room was okay. We ate dinner at Fishtails by the Seawall and it was great. A little pricey but was worth it. Okay now for the cruise.

We parked at Lighthouse parking for 50 dollars. They have a bus that will take you to the terminal. No problems.

Embarkation was pretty easy. The lines were long but went rather fast. We went straight to our room. We were on the Empress deck cabin 7447. Was at the back of the ship with balcony. Cabin was good size and plenty of storage space. Our Steward came to our room and introduced himself he was from Thailand. Super , short for his real name, was Super. Always smiling and would stop and talk anytime we saw him. Most of the crew on board were friendly and would say hi More when you would see them in the hallway.

We ate in the Renoir dining room and the food was excellent. For desert try the chocolate melting cake. Papakan our waiter and Joseph his assistant were very good. Anything we asked for extra they would get. We did one night eat at The Pointe super club. It was okay but nothing spectacular.

The first 2 days were at sea and I spent them mostly relaxing and enjoying the alcohol that I snuck on board. That saved a lot of money from my previous cruise. I bought a soda card for $38.00 and it was put well to use.

First port of call Montego Bay. Okay I was in Ocho Rios in December and pretty much knew what to expect in Jamaica. I know it is a poor country but it was pretty annoying to be harassed by the locals. Be prepared to be asked to be your cab driver , tour guide, or asked if you want to buy weed. I decided at this port of call to count how many times I was asked if I wanted to buy weed and it was 9 times. The last time I was asked was the best and it was by our cab driver taking us back to the ship. I laughed at that one. Anyway we were going to Doctors Cave Beach but it started to rain so we went to Margaritaville instead and had a blast. One word of advice if you want to buy liquor in Jamaica buy it at the duty free store at the port. It is cheaper than in the shops in Montego Bay.

Second Port Grand Cayman. This place I love. Would love to live there if I could afford it. We did the Stingray Bay and Rum Point beach tour. Luckily we booked our excursion in the morning because our stay in the Caymans was cut short by 2 hours due to a storm so we didn't get to go into town after our excursion.

Third Port Cozumel. Wife and I shopped and went to a beach and snorkeled. I cant remember the name of the beach but had a good time. Oh if you are in the shops and buying something ask if you can have a shot of tequila and they will give you one or sometimes more.

Last day at sea. Or I should call it a Rockin Fun Day At Sea. There were 35 to 40 mile winds on the gulf with 10 to 14 foot waves and the boat was rocking big time. At every elevator they had barf bags not only were the passengers getting sea sick but so was the crew. Neither my wife or I got sick but sure saw a lot of people that were.

All in all the cruise was great and I would recommend this cruise. Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>