Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by clt5758: Carnival Ecstasy - Western Caribbean

Compare Prices on Carnival Ecstasy Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Ecstasy - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: October 2007
Embarkation: Galveston

The ship was over 10 hours late to embarkation port. Very little notice was given to passengers. We waited in Galveston for 12 hours without a place to store our luggage as the port did not open for stranded passengers. Carnival could have begun processing people early in the day to prevent the massive line that over 2000 people compose. Rather than leaving at 4:00 PM, we left at 2:00 AM. We missed it! We were tired.

Port of call was changed from Cozumel to Progresso. I would never suggest that anyone visit this place. The beach is dirty as is the water. There is no snorkeling which is what we had planned in Cozumel.

We were given $100 per person to be spent on board or on an excursion. I would have just liked to have had my money to spend as I pleased. We missed a full day of the cruise but we were charged for every day of gratuity including the day we were not on the ship. When asked, the charge was removed. I am sure that many people did not know to ask. More

The evening dining staff were excellent. The staterooms were constantly kept clean.

I would not suggest Carnival to anyone. There was no attempt at easing passenger tension. Rather it was sell, sell, sell. Needless to say, we did not buy anything on board that we absolutely did not need except for a photograph.

We are flying next time. No more water for us! Less

Read more Carnival Ecstasy cruise reviews >>