Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Nik: Carnival Valor - Eastern Caribbean

Member Since 2002

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Valor - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: October 2007

This was my 8th cruise and my BF first. We flew from Toronto to FLL on the Saturday and took a town car from the airport to the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. We chose this hotel because of it's location..across the street from Bayside Marketplace. It was a great place to visit..free entertainment, lots of restaurants, it's on the harbor etc. The hotel was fine..some reports say otherwise.

We left Sunday morning for the pier around 10:30 am was checked in and waiting to board by 11:00. We were one of the first people onboard. We really enjoyed this ship. It was clean, nicely decorated, staff were great and nothing that I found to complain about except for a lot of cigarette smoke in the lounges. We did not stay in some because of the smoke...it was really bad in the Piano Bar.

Nassau isn't one of my favorite stops..we went ashore so my BF could see a little of the island. We also went to Conch Fritters across from the British Colonial Hotel so he could try Conch salad More and fritters. It was good.

St. Thomas we took an island tour through Godfrey's Tours which I found on this site many years ago. This was my 3rd trip with Godfrey. Excellent value for your money. We shopped for a couple of hours, toured the island and then went to Sapphire Beach. Beach was really nice, but it poured rain for some time while we were there, but did get a little swimming in.

St. Martin was our favorite..it rained first thing in the am, so we went shopping, returned to the ship at 11:30 and went to Orient Beach in the pm. Great day. Sat at the Baywatch hut and met lots of great people. Yes there were a number of topless people, and men in thongs, but so what. It was a great time at Orient beach.

Our room was on the Main deck inthe front. Room was fine..lots of noise some nights before 10:00 from the theatre. Food was really good..never had a bad meal..lots of choice always..we did try Scarletts Supper Club..it was worth the $30 each. Food and service was excellent...didn't eat the next day so full.

One of the best cruises ever...will definitely go on Valor again. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>