Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by Alana

Radiance of the Seas
Member Name: Alana
Email: electra181@hotmail.com
Cruise Date: January 2004
See More About: Radiance of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Radiance of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean
I am 22 years old and this was my first cruise and although I have travelled a lot- I have never had such a wonderful vacation! I was hesitant to come on this cruise, I was joining my family and not quite sure what to expect. Never beyond my wildest dreams could I have been more overwhelmed with everything that was offered on board.

What started off as a delayed boarding time (due to late docking from the previous cruise), the ship and its staff exceeded all expectations. I shared an outside stateroom and I don't regret not even having a balcony- the view of the water was magnificent. There was a good amount of storage in the room and our steward, Vic never stopped inquiring about our needs.

The activities on board were endless and it was difficult to choose which one we wanted to participate in. All the cruise staff were always approachable and we loved the "At sea" days as much as the ports of call.

As for food- I wouldn't even know where to begin...my family never even made it to the Chops Grille of Portifino's because we loved the dining room so much. It wasn't just the food- it was an experience. We wanted to take home our dining staff at the end of the trip because they were so wonderful.

Special thanks to Head waiter- Dario, Waiter- Vikram and Assistant waiter- Abel. You guys truly made it a wonderful experience. The dining room became our favorite part of the day! Any request for food was granted and the staff went above and beyond to best serve our table. The food was incredible. The saddest part about the trip was saying goodbye- but we will be back!

The Radiance is a gorgeous boat and Captain Kent Ringborn was so refreshing and interesting and so approachable- far unlike many other captains you will meet. I never dreamed of a singing captain.

The only thing I could think of to help improve service on board was on the final morning on the ship- we ate at the dining room. It seemed as though the staff were tired (totally understandable) however it seemed due to the fact that everyone was disembarking, no one was trying hard to help serve. (does not apply to everyone) To really end with the final bang, all servers should really still be on their best behaviour and be as approachable as they had been the past 7 days.

My family and I felt like royalty on this ship and we cannot wait to go back! Entertainment on the ship was outstanding- our favorite act was Impressionist, Finis Henderson. Felt like I was at Vegas. We never lacked anything to do.

Thanks for all the memories Royal Caribbean and again thanks to all the staff (they know who they are) who really made it a special trip!

Publication Date: 09/10/04