Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by twin123185

Carnival Miracle
Carnival Miracle
Member Name: twin123185
Cruise Date: October 2007
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Cruise to Nowhere
Cabin Category: 8A
See More About: Carnival Miracle Cruise Reviews | Cruise to Nowhere Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+

Carnival Miracle - Cruise to Nowhere
We decided to get away for a couple of days and figured what better way than a short cruise to nowhere - we were not disappointed. The trip was everything we could have hoped for and more. Getting to the port we hired a limo service and with only one ship in port that day it was a breeze getting to the pier and knowing what to expect at the normally chaotic entrance (6th cruise out of NYC) we did the opposite of what the Carnival people told us and was on the ship in 10 minutes bypassing people that were on long lines and had been there for a while(sorry to those people!) Cabins weren't to be ready for an hour (it was 1pm)so we headed up to the deck 9 restaurant where they had plenty of choices - pizza/Italian/Asian/Deli/American - we ate from the Asian section and it was very good - especially the vegetable tempura. At 2pm we got to our cabin - main deck (4) and it was just fine - didn't feel the need for a larger room but we did want a balcony as it just makes the room seem larger when the curtain is open and I love leaving NY and seeing the Statue of Liberty in the privacy of my own balcony. The cabin steward introduced himself and I did not see him again until an hour before we disembarked ! He kept up the room just fine. We had dinner at Nick and Nora's supper club and it was worth every penny - we had done this 3 times on 2 previous Legend cruises and these are the best meals at sea - period, in fact better than 99.9% of land restaurants in our experience. I wish I had done this on both nights - well worth the $30pp charge. Quiet and not rushed and awesome service. We saw the Beatles tribute and the midnight adult comedian and then hit the sack - a great first day. Day 2 saw the casino (1st day also) totally crazy busy - couldn't get near a table at 9am ! I had never seen a cruise casino this busy and it was like this all day - they even had a blackjack and slot tournament. My only complaint with Carnival tourneys is that they only pay a $500 first prize - other lines pay 1st/2nd/3rd and pay out much more. They made out here with the amount of people paying. I have also never seen so many people drinking on a cruise - they even had a bar open at 7:30 AM the morning we left - this was definitely a party boat ! The shops were open and with no restrictions for buying liquor and cigarettes needless to say Carnival raked in the cash. People were buying like it was the end of the world - an employee told me that they sold more in 2 days (booze and cigarettes) than on 2 normal 8 days cruises ! I guess paying 3% tax negated import restrictions. Kudos to Carnival for having so much to do - every activity imaginable was offered - if you could not find something to do on this trip - you were dead. Amazing is all I can say - they even had an art auction and a captain's cocktail party - also another good show and late night comedian the 2nd night. I was exhausted at the end and so happy I booked the same trip next year. I know a 2 day cruise to nowhere is too short but what a great weekend getaway - definitely worth the money. My only complaint is the 2nd night at dinner - my table was for 4 people in a BOOTH. You should not put 2 couples in a booth who are total strangers - we changed our table so it worked out - they would not take requests for tables pre-cruise. Also the service in the dining room was lacking. Food was excellent though but next year I do the alternative both nights. Disembarkation was a breeze - got off at 8am and was home less than 90 minutes later. If anyone is on the fence for next year - jump off ! It was THAT good of a trip.

Publication Date: 10/22/07