Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by thelips: Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean

thelips
Member Since 2007

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: October 2007
Embarkation: Galveston

We just returned from a seven day cruise on Carnival Conquest. Third time cruiser here. I am a single mom with a thirteen year old son that has a mild case of Cerebral Palsy (which this was his second cruise). Embarking was extremely easy for we boarded the VIP line and took only about five minutes. I suggest arriving before noon because the regular lines seem to be backing up quite a bit. The vessels interior design was very relaxing and decorated tasteful. I loved the Grand Piano in the Lobby. We went straight to our room to see if by chance our luggage would be there (but it did not arrive until after 7:00PM). We were in cabin 7234 which is a suite with a balcony. The room was much larger than I was expecting....with very spacious closets and drawers. Unlike my sisters room across the hall our cabin had a Jacuzzi tub and a VCR...the balcony with two chairs and a table. We went to the Lido deck to have lunch and the presentation of the buffet was pleasing, but I decided to just have More a burger. The first night we really just walked around and explored the ship. Lots of bars and the Casino seemed really busy. (I wish they had more options for guest that does not drink). Went to the show in the Toulouse lounge had a really funny opening show with three guest, one man stood out that had been married fifty years that made the show funny.

First day at sea, a guest had a medical emergency and needed a blood transfusion so we had to change our route and the port of calls ended up being backwards. Had breakfast at the lido..omelette station moves really fast. My son played the Turbo Trivia two times...which I appreciated the gentleman Carlos that let him play since he was not eighteen. Also Jessica let him do the Karaoke a few times.

Second day: Cozumel....just took a taxi to the end of the shopping row and shopped about three hours. Bought vanilla and a few t-shirts for souvenirs. We came back early because it started pouring quit badly. We had dinner in the Upper Monet...it is so pretty. It is located at the back of the ship and has a remarkable view. The service was outstanding and the food was good. We went to the Main show again..this time the costumes seemed to be a tad inappropriate for the innocent but Butch did announce it the night before. (I just forgot)

Third day: Grand Cayman....WOW!!! This island is marvelous. Its so clean and the water is turquoise. We did the Stingray, Turtle farm and Hell excursion...was something to remember. Fourth day: Jamaica....took a shopping bus tour.

We took in most of the shows in the the Toulouse Lounge where Butch Begovich (Cruise Director) was the announcer. He was extremely funny and kept the guest laughing. My Niece sent a secret admirer letter to him and he announced it on his morning show which was quite a hoot. I am sure he gets this quite often since he is so charming. Service from all the crew was really helpful....EVERYONE (including passengers) remembered my son's name. This is something I will personally take with me for life and will hold dear to my heart.

Debarkation: This took several hours to just leave the vessel and we were the third zone to be called...Customs had some problems with the self debarkers that held the lines up. I highly recommend getting a Porter because you fly through Customs. Fun was had by all and rave reviews to Captain Rocco Lubrano and Butch Begovich for handling the medical emergency in a professional manor yet still re-arranging all activities so the guest enjoyed themselves. Only regret is I forgot to purchase a video of our trip (guest told me that my son was on the tape many times). Indeed...Carnival Conquest is a vacation I suggest all take in and make many memories. Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>