Azamara Journey Cruise Review by brokenfoot: Azamara Journey - Bermuda

Compare Prices on Azamara Journey Bermuda Cruises

Azamara Journey - Bermuda

Sail Date: September 2007
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

My husband and I just returned from a week in Bermuda on the Azamara Journey. We are very seasoned cruisers and are Elite Members with Celebrity Cruise lines. We have been to Bermuda several times in the past so the real reason for going on the cruise was just to experience the Azamara Journey. What an experience it was! I would like to take a few minutes of your time to let you know how I feel about this new ship.

I was so impressed it is hard to put it in words. The minute I walked unto the ship you could see by the smiling faces of the staff that there was going to be a difference in this cruise to the more then 30 others that we have been on in the past. As the first gentleman walked up to us and took our bags out of our hands and escorted us to our cabin we knew we were in for a treat. He seemed so pleased and proud to show us the way and show off the different things on the ship as we passed them. The cabin was beautiful with the dark wood and the very pleasing colors More of the bedding. The room looked so inviting with the huge pillows and the fabulous extra soft robes, then the slippers arrived that night! What a nice thoughtful touch.

A few days into the cruise we got a form to fill out that asked us what we thought would make the cruise better. Well, we had to think long and hard. Really we did and then we came up with only three things. We thought that the cabin should have a love seat in it and the other was that the Windows Cafe should have trays to make it easier to carry your plate of food and beverage to the table and your glasses should be at least 10 oz glasses and I believe they were more like 5 oz ones. Now that is pretty good when that is all we could come up with.

The Cruise Director was perfect! Andrea was just wonderful. He made everyone feel so special and was a perfect match for the ship. I know he was leaving to bring the Quest over in a few weeks and it will be their fortune to have him aboard. He is the best I have ever seen on any ship. He danced with all the ladies, ate lunch with so many of the guests, walked up and down the decks greeting people and just talking with them on a friendly basis. He loved his star gazing and so did everyone else. He just made the cruise special in so many ways, what Italian charm he has!

The food on the Journey is beyond description! Every day we were amazed at how things were prepared and presented at each meal. Nothing looked like the food we have had on other ships. It was in a class of it's own. The food in the Windows Cafe was wonderful and so different from other Cafes. The selection at the Deli was outstanding.

The Discovery dining room food was so good we didn't really need to go to the Prime C specialty restaurant. However, the presentation there was magnificent. I do think the name should be changed to "Prime Sea" to match the Aqualina since then they would both have to do with the ocean.

At lunch when we commented to the men serving us on the back sun deck about how they are always smiling, one of them said, "it is because of people like you that we smile, you people make it easy to smile because you are always smiling!" It was easy to be always smiling on the Journey because it was a great ship to be on and the service was so out of the ordinary.

We would ask different ones we sat with at each meal how they felt about the ship and it was always the same answer, " We love it!"

If you have not booked a cruise on the Journey yet you need to as it is to me the best of the best. I would give this ship a 6 star rating.

Read more Azamara Journey cruise reviews >>