Carnival Valor Cruise Review by rickt4du: Carnival Valor - Eastern Caribbean

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Valor - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: October 2007

WOW!!! What a trip. We arrived at MIA at 11:30Sunday morning. Delta lost MY luggage. DW and DD had all of theirs. It was supposed to be delivered to the ship in Nassau on Monday. More on that later. Embarkation was slow...at the last minute they handed up a immigration form for the Bahamas, hundreds of people were scrambling to get them filled out, Carnival had about 5 pens available Anyway we were on the ship in about an hour and went straight to the room.

Cabin 7375 balcony...great digs. Clean and a nice starboard view. Only complaint is the room was freaking hot all week, except at 3am when we froze. Not a deal killer but I should have brought a fan to get some air moving. Dinner was in the Lincoln, 6:15 seating.their were 11 on this trip and they hooked us up with the Captains table all week long. Food was good, a bit busy sometimes. You know what I mean? Just cook the stuff and quit trying to fancy it up so much, ITS A STEAK. God gave it good flavor naturally. I did More have the lamb one night, VERY gamey. Really the only Bad thing I ate. Got the warm chocolate melting cake every night...WHOA...Im good for a year now. Hard to describe! It is like a little piece of cake swimming in a bowl of Hersheys syrup. Made you wanna slap your grandma.

Lido food was pretty darn good. Fish and chips were fabulous. Reubens were tasty. We ate breakfast in the room using room service. Smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel was a nice way to start the day. Coffee was always fresh and hot. We did eat breakfast in the main dining room once. Good service, I had Eggs Benedict...little overdone but a pleasurable experience.

Shows were fun. Saw the comedian the first night, I laughed! At midnight, he cussed. I wasn't impressed. Skipped the Motown night. I did see a female singer on Thursday night, she sang Shaka Kahn, and other 80's black woman hits...She was great. I got picked to be one of the "White Pips" and she sang Midnight Train to Georgia. Had a blast. If you were there , I was the fat guy on the end with the Hawaiian shirt. I broke it down in my best, white guy with no rhythm dance moves. I received a bottle of champagne for my part. Good video too. The *0's show on Friday was the best! Trivia before, my daughter thinks I'm so smart cause I knew all the answers. Music and dancing were "Awesome, Dude" Skipped the Legends show, not really into seeing Pax singing karaoke.

Wife danced with the 20 year old guys at the disco every night. Not my scene. She said it was good. I had a few drinks, you might think I'm and idiot but, they were TOO strong. I don't drink to get drunk, I didn't enjoy them. Now if you're a lush, you'll have a blast.

Not going to review the Islands cause everyone does and they don't change. BUT, speaking of change...by the time we left from St Maarten, I had still not changed my drawers..NO LUGGAGE....Delta missed the ship. I had to wait until St. Thomas late in the evening to get my clothes. I did get off in St. Maarten to buy a few things, but as I am a big fellow...none of the tourist shops had my size. I had to shop deep into the city and you know what? Big and tall men get screwed over in other countries too. I spent $170 on a pair of shorts, a bathing suit and two shirts. Delta is supposed to send me $150 for my trouble. I think its crap. I had to go 3 days without my luggage, out of the country. I'm going to call and be a squeaky wheel and see what that gets me.

St Thomas... beautiful and my oldest daughter got married on the beach...I performed the ceremony...wonderful memories and I managed not to cry until it was all over.

Debarkation....SO FREAKING EASY!!!! We had an early flight, 11:09, from Miami. We carried our own luggage and were off the ship, on and off the bus at the airport by 9:30 am. No problems. If you want an early flight, get it. All in all I had a great relaxing time. Im looking to book another for next fall. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>