Carnival Legend Cruise Review by addiene

Embarkation: Tampa
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Carnival Legend - Western Caribbean
We just got back from our 4th cruise and 3rd on Carnival. I loved this ship. We drove to Tampa the night before. I wish we could have got there earlier b/c the port area has shops and restaurants. We arrived at the port around 10:30 and were boarding and on the boat by 11:45. Everything went smooth. Our room was ready at about 1:00. We watched the ship go under the skyway bridge. This was crazy b/c it looks like the funnel isn't gonna make it under. Watch for this about 2hrs after sailing. Our luggage was in our room before our late dinner seating. I thought the food on this ship was wonderful. We ate in the dinning room every night except the last night ( had to watch the Florida game) The buffet food was food especially the sandwich station and the pizza. The only thing I wasn't impressed with was the dessert but the ice cream was good and on sea days they set up a little ice cream toppings bar. We really didn't go to any of the shows but heard they were all good. The band Music Network that play every night in Satchmos was awesome. We hung out in there most of the time. I thought the service on this boat was great ( especially Mira ) Our room was always clean and our room stewards were very friendly. The layout of this boat was easy to navigate. I really liked how they had the hall ways broken up so your room was not far from an elevator. Now I don't think the 1st floor is like that. This made it so much better b/c we weren't walking down never ending hallways.

The Ports- Grand Cayman- We went here last year so we just took a cab ($4 a person one way) to a beach along 7mile. After the beach we walked around and went to Margaritaville. Be warned it is very expensive here. At lunch we had 2 strawberry margaritas.nachos w/everything and a chicken sandwich, our bill was $83.00. They add 25% if you pay with U.S. currency. It is very beautiful here. -Cozumel- This was our 3rd time here. We love Cozumel. This year was the best we've seen it. We just took a cab (20 for 5 people one way) to San Francisco beach. We usually go to Mr. Sanchos beach but tried something new. This beach was nice. They have a fresh water pool. The food was very good, we had nachos with shrimp and chicken yum!! After the beach my Husband decided to get his wedding band tattooed on. I have to say the shops there are more sanitary then in the states. We shopped around for alittle bit and hung out at Margaritaville. It wasn't crowded at all here b/c there were only 2 boats there and one was alot smaller than the Legend -Belize- We booked an excursion through carnival. Goff Caye's Snorkel. Our guides were nice and the snorkeling was great but the beach we went to had nothing on it and not bathrooms only a porta-potty. After you finish snorkeling you still have over an hour with nothing to do. A little bar/restaurant and bathroom would have been nice. -Honduras-We just got off the boat for like an hour and walked around to the shops. You should really book an excursion here b/c the people are real pushy and will not leave you alone. This a very nice place. I wish we would have booked something.

Disembarkation- We decided to do self-assist were you carry all your luggage off yourself. Everything went smooth and we were off the boat and at our car by 8:00 am.

This was a great cruise.I would definitely book another cruise on this ship. She is a beautiful ship.

Publication Date: 10/11/07