Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Tripinbrums

Dining 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean
This is our 5th cruise. We have sailed once before with two of our kids, now we have added a third who is 17 months. We flew into MCO and drove in a limo to Radisson at the Port.We were joined by my sister's family and a couple from Nashville.The couple drove and left their car at the hotel. They have a shuttle to take you to the port. We loved this hotel. It was beautiful. My kids loved the pool.It was so nice to relax a day before the cruise. We didn't even try to rush to get on. Embarkation was fine it took maybe 30 minutes.Our cabin was ready and nice.We have 3 children , so we had to officially book our 9yr old into my sisters cabin even though she stayed in ours. The bathroom was big, but with both bunks down in was a little tight.We were in the cabin a lot with naps etc.. We loved the Glory. I thought with that many people it would be crowded at the pools and slide. It wasn't.We stayed at the deck 10 pool and had a ball. Our first stop was at Nassau.We have been there before and knew we did not want to shop. We did the Blackbeard's Cay Stingray excursion. It was great. I was a nice trip for the different ages of the children. 1,5,6 and 9 years.After visiting with the rays you can just lay out on the beach or swim.They had drinks and food there also. I like Nassau, but if you want to swim or see the beauty of it you need to get away from the cruise ship area.We never used Camp Carnival.We like it but stayed in the pool all the time. The baby has to be two anyway.

We had the early dinner seating, 5:45. I had asked my PVP to try and get us a table near the window. She did and it was wonderful . The kids loved it.When my husband found out he could order a NY strip and baked potato every night he was in heaven.( he's not a risk taker when it comes to food) My kids never ordered from the kid's menu, just the baby who had of course chicken tenders. She has to have soy milk. Ruel and Leonardo at table 519upper platinum would have her soy milk and high chair ready. They were great and put up with my Brother-in-Law and his crazy one liners every night. We listened to the Cruise Critic members and ordered the melting cake and we were not disappointed. My kids also ordered hot chocolate every night. My 6 year old "just wanted shrimp" so they brought her a shrimp cocktail for her starter, her salad and her entree. Hey it's her vacation too. After dinner we tried to go to shows. We went to the Marcus Anthony show and liked it ..The baby too, she danced the whole time. He sings like R&B and it was entertaining. On another night we did the Legends show. At first I thought "how cheesy" but then it got really good. They had an orchestra pit and really good music. On all the other nights we swam, of course.The pool in the back of the ship was calmer and seemed to stay warmer.The kids would swim, have an ice cream cone, then swim some more and have some pizza. They were in heaven!!

Our next 2 ports were St.Thomas and St. Martin.In St. Thomas we decided to do an excursion on our own . Beware. We all followed my sister out to the cab area. We wanted to go to Magen's Bay.This lady was filling cab buses and told my sis $4 each to Magen's Bay. When we got there the driver said $8. He said who told you 4. He actually told my sister she was lying. I would recommend confirming with the driver the price.we paid him then it costs 4 pp to get in. It was beautiful. It was a great place for kids. No waves just clear blue water. They had bathrooms and snacks. I found St. Thomas to be pretty but not one of my favorites.My hubby happened to be on deck as were leaving at night he said breathtaking. Now St. Martin had to whole package. It was clean, beautiful etc. We again did our own excursion.We like to be at the beach all day.We were going to do Little Divi but our cab driver said it was rocky.He suggested Orient Beach.Now I had heard about that and wasn't sure.We are Americans who like to keep our stuff covered.It was $6pp to get there no cost for beach. It was unreal.It looked like a movie. The kid's rented boogie boards for the small waves. My husband rented a wave runner and had the time of his life.Cost of 6 Carib beers $20,Cost for 90 min of Waverunner $130 cost of seeing my 6 year old nephew's face as he saw 2 topless women walk on our beach, Priceless!!Ask for Percy Wilson for a driver he was awesome.

Publication Date: 10/11/07