Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by postalgrrl

Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean
We stayed at the Harbor House the night before our cruise. This hotel is beautiful and very close to the cruise ship pier. However, I will not stay there again. The walls in the hotel were so thin that I could hear the people in the next room coughing!! I did not sleep very well at all. I will stay somewhere else on the island next time. The ship is very beautiful and very clean. The staff is wonderful. After the 1st night our waiter knew all our names and what we liked (table 401 lower level of the Monet dining room). I really enjoyed the decor of the ship. The artwork is very nice. The bars seemed very smokey to me, but I really dislike cigarette smoke. Our cabin was in a great location, right by the elevators, stairs and laundry mat on deck 9 (Lido). The only thing I disliked about our cabin was that sometimes we heard rushing water!! It was in the walls, like it was some type of drain, but it sounded like a washing machine. By the end of the week we had kinda gotten use to it. But, if I sail on the Conquest again I will not book this cabin (it was assigned to us we booked a guarantee cabin). The ports. I booked everything independently and will do it again. We used A-Z Planners in Jamaica and they did a great job. They took us to Dr's Cave Beach, the Pork Pit for lunch, shopping and then a stop at Margaritaville. Our drivers (Mark & Paul) did a great job taking care of us. The beach at Dr's Cave is beautiful, I could have stayed there all day...but we had to go stuff our faces at the Pok Pit on fabulous jerk chicken, pork and ribs. I don't need to say anything about Margaritaville, it Margaritaville!!! In Grand Cayman we booked the half day trip with Captain Marvin's and this was the highlight of my cruise. They did a great job. The tour has 2 snorkel stops and then stops at Stingray City. The snorkeling was great. In Cozumel we booked the AI at Nachi Cocom and it was fantastic also. It is an all inclusive beach, drinks and lunch for a set price. The beach here was beautiful and the staff took great care of us. The lunch was good. But next time I will skip the entree and just order 2 or 3 orders of the hot wings off the appetizer menu. This was a great cruise and I would do it again in a minute. And I would use all 3 tour companies again. There is not one bad thing I can say about the ship or the ports. This maybe the 2nd best cruise I have ever been on...next to Alaska. But you really can't compare the two.

Publication Date: 10/08/07