Carnival Legend Cruise Review by JoshLufsGirl

Member Name: JoshLufsGirl
Cruise Date: April 2003
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bermuda
See More About: Carnival Legend Cruise Reviews | Bermuda Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Carnival Legend - Bermuda
This was my second cruise ever (first was also on Carnival-the Sensation) and both my boyfriend and grandmother's first. My parents are avid cruisers and Bermuda is a favorite port of call for them-it was their honeymoon destination.

Embarkation: We booked through a airline-employees travel agency (my father is employed at an airline) so we received our confirmation information and such a little differently. As a result, my boyfriend and I were unable to book a room together, however, during embarkation and check-in, the staff happily switched our rooms around so we were able to be registered in the same room (We were going to stay together anyways, but at least this way the information would match up.) It was fast, polite, and within a matter of a half an hour we were onboard the boat.

The Ship: Amazing. I read some reviews before I left, and a couple people mentioned the decor being somewhat cheesy. I thought otherwise, it was new and exciting (so much better than the "outdated" Sensation) and to the person who thought there were one too many urns throughout the ship-Get over it and enjoy your vacation, there are too many fun things to do to even notice such things. When we took our trip, the ship was practically brand new, all the surfaces were impeccable (nothing was ever dirty). My boyfriend and I ran around like little kids, exploring everything from the arcade to the casino (and hitting a few of the really fun bars in between). As far as stability goes, my boyfriend Josh, is not a huge fan of water, and a lot of times he'd forget we were hundreds of miles away from land, the boat seldom rocked. The rooms were more spacious and modern then I could've imagined, it was a hotel room, not a cramped claustrophobic compartment.

The Food: So good. My boyfriend is a pretty strict (read: picky-just cheese and junk) vegetarian. A lot of the vegetarian entrees were just too different for his tastes, but our waiter always offered him a pasta choice or something else which made him very happy (and me too :o). The veggie burgers on the ship were amazing as well, it was so nice to get vegetarian fare outdoors on the BBQ.

The Destination: Bermuda is possibly the most beautiful place on earth. The ship docked at the Royal Naval Dockyard, which was nice, although their wasn't much to do their besides go to the fort/marketplace and the Frog and the Onion Pub. Anywhere else on the island requires transportation by ferry, taxi or bus. All the buses are air-conditioned and quite comfortable. The ferry stops running out of Hamilton to the RNDockyard at around 9:30 P.M. so Josh and I were forced to make the most out of the few hours we had in Hamilton before taking the ferry back. The ferry ride after a few (6) drinks was pretty rough, albeit, a lot cheaper than taking a taxi.

While we were in Bermuda, we all went out to the Bermuda Aquarium/Zoo, which was awesome. The exhibits and animals there were well taken care of and very interesting (especially the Australian Tree Kangaroo). After the aquarium we went to the Swizzle Inn, a MUST for anyone going to Bermuda EVER. My parents told me stories about going to a pub, having their signature 'Bermuda Rum Swizzle' and then writing their names and a passage in the giant logs the restaurant kept from years past. The Swizzle Inn is a giant pub with open-air and indoor seating. The place encourages you to deface it (Josh and I carved our names into the table we were sitting at while our waitress looked on approvingly). There's writing on the walls (and it's not just in the bathroom) so bring a business card (to tack to the ceiling) a marker (to write on the walls) and an appetite (they have amazing pub food). While there my father was able to find the log book from their honeymoon and 5th anniversary trip. I took a page from my parents and copied it "IN Bermuda, In Love, will come back within 10 years, still in love" and Josh and I signed it. We can't wait to return and find our table, our cards and write some more in the logs.

In conclusion, this cruise was as close to perfect as I could've wished (without the sun rash I got from sitting out too long :o( If you're lucky enough to sail on the Legend, enter the couples slot tournament, perhaps luck will be on your side as well-Josh and I walked away 500 dollars richer!!!

Publication Date: 03/13/04