Pride of America Cruise Review by NANA

Destination: Hawaii
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Pride of America - Hawaii
My husband and I recently returned from our cruise. I was a bit apprehensive as I read some reviews that were pretty negative about the ship. I have to say that we would take the cruise again tomorrow! We found the ship to be extremely clean, the crew courteous (refreshingly so) and the overall service was beyond compare. We have sailed on Celebrity, which we liked very much and the Paul Gaughin - Regent Seven Seas Line and I have to say the service we received on Pride of America was beyond compare! Embarkation was a breeze. We stayed at the Marriott two nights prior to boarding the ship and took care of boarding forms from there. From the moment we embarked on the ship, we were directed to the VIP line and we were welcomed by our very own butler, who warmly greeted us and took us around the ship to acquaint ourselves. Jinny was so accommodating and pleasant I can't say enough. James the concierge helped us with reservations for the restaurants and answered many questions we had- thank you James. A big thank you to our wonderful housekeeper Josephine. She was amazing. Our room ALWAYS had fresh towels, ice in the bucket and was made up beautifully every morning and at night the turn down service was impeccable. She ALWAYS had a smile on her face and was so pleasant whether it was morning or evening. Dining: We mostly ate breakfast in the Aloha Cafe which was fine and we ate outside where there was always a table.

We ate dinner at a few of the specialty restaurants and the main dining rooms. NEVER a wait and the food quality was always acceptable, if not excellent, depending on the restaurant. Excursions were pre booked and we had no problems. A highlight for us was the Tree Top Zip Line!! Only minus - we had a few occasions to be on deck 4 aft and found an odor in the hallway.......not sure what that was??? It would have been a problem for me had we booked a room in that vicinity. De-embarkation was remarkably free of stress....Overall a wonderful, stress free week. Thank you NCL!

Publication Date: 10/06/07