Carnival Valor Cruise Review by BERNERLOVER: Carnival Valor - Eastern Caribbean

Member Since 2006

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Valor - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: September 2007

My husband and I sailed on 9/23/07 from the Port of Miami on Carnival Valor. This was our second cruise- so still new at this.

We arrived for embarkation around 1:30pm and had no problems. We were on board within an hour and to our room 8202 balcony on Verandah Deck. Our room steward was Martin and he was very good. We had towel animals and fresh ice and towels. I used room service in the AM for coffee. It is best to call room service if you want hot coffee, otherwise it was lukewarm if ordered night before on hang card.

We ate 8pm seating in the Washington Dining Room and all of the food was good. My husband and others really enjoyed the warm chocolate melting cake! We also enjoyed cappuccinos (included with dining). The waiters did a little show every evening that was fun.

The ship was very clean and the only downside was the smokers on board. I had ashes,butts, etc. come over onto my balcony and the smell drove me back inside. It just seemed like there More were a lot of smokers on this cruise.

Husband had his soda card and used it all the time. He liked the coffee station at the back of Rosie's to get his diet coke(they had cold cans of coke).

We bought some pictures, I did not think they were too expensive. You can have them take all of the pictures and then just pick any or all you want. They do have deals on certain days. We also bought internet package and used it right in our room.

We took a water taxi to Atlantis in Nassau and booked a Sunny Liston tour for St. Thomas. Sunny was off that day and sent someone else, it wasn't that great. We booked through SXM.Tours with Bernard for St Maarten and he was great! Bernard had headset to talk to us, nice new air conditioned van and a dvd player. We went to Sapphire Beach in St. Thomas (quiet and very calm water with coral reefs). Orient Beach in St. Maarten - had waves for boogie boards and restaurants all over to get something to eat, but not cheap. We ate at Bikini Beach and had nachos, terrible service, but we were told it was off season. There was a changing room and shower there, too. Only saw one lady topless.

We made some great new friends, enjoyed the food and shows, did the cancer walk, toured the galley and would definitely cruise Carnival Valor again.

Debarkation was a breeze. We ate breakfast leisurely in the Washington Dining Room. Waited on deck 3 until called and had no problems. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>