Carnival Glory Cruise Review by jf_1973

Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: 4b
        10-12 5+

Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean
We were on the Carnival Glory on September 15-22,2007. The cruise was ok, not the best I have ever been on. First of all don't expect any complimentary drinks when you first board the ship like most ships do....but don't worry they try to push the drinks all cruise long if your willing to fork out $6-15 a drink...but I didn't mind that too much since I don't drink that much. Rooms were nice even though we had an inside cabin...As far as our cabin boy, he wasn't very friendly and every time I came back to my cabin, I noticed he would throw things away that I wanted to keep....I even went as far as leaving a cup in the cabinet next to the safe to see if he would move it and to my surprise he did. This really made me mad.....lets just say that this cabin boy didn't get his tip...the ship was nice...BEWARE this ship ROCKS ALOT!! and the sea wasn't rough...when the captain cranks it up you can feel it. The shows were great and if you like playing Bingo they have it everyday in the Amber Palace. It had a nice game room for the kids, casino was ok,kind of small. All of the lounges were nice. All I can say about photos is that everytime you turn around someone is wanting to take your pic. There was a girl in the Photo department named Nanci from South Africa....she was so nice and helpful...i just loved chatting with her. On deck activities were ok ....if you are into the hairy chest contest,the ice carving was nice. Walk for the Cure was nice to...you pay so much and they give you tshirts and stuff to walk the deck .....its nice because you know its going to a good cause. As far as food it was good,buffets were great. Dinner in the dining room was nice...not as much variety as I expected but it was ok. Our waiter was ok his assistant was much harder worker and very nice....I wish we had had the waitress that was waiting on the table next to ours her name was Milanka from Macedonia....she was the best waitress I have ever seen and I let her know it.I even tipped her for being so nice to us and she want even our waitress.If you ever get her as a waitress you'll see what i am talking about....she is worth her tips and more..so if you ever get her give her alittle extra she is worth it. The best thing about the food is there is food food food and more food ,it seemed like everytime i turned around we were heading to eat.Also there is another waitress from Macedonia named Danella she was great too....Macedonian people were the best on the ship...hard workers and so kind.The thing that I hated most about the dining room is that it is at the back of the ship.....the very back!!! and when you are trying to eat and the ship is rocking....its just not much fun..but the view we had at dining was great nice big windows..excellent view of the ocean and if your with your family of 5-6 its great because our table only sit 6 so we had the whole table to ourselves....when you order desert.....try the MELTING CAKE.....Its the best!!!!!

Excursions...if you are going to the Nassau take trip around the Island. Get a ride from one of the locals because they know the Island the best, we took an air conditioned van on a tour which cost us $25pp but he took us on over the Island ...i cant remember his name but he is a small,young guy...and he has a disco ball hanging from his rear veiw mirror..if you get him as your guide he will treat you right.My wife went to swim with the dolphins and she loved it.

Excursion to St Thomas we took a tour that we booked through Carnival it was called Journey Through Paradise....It should have been named Journey through Hell...we had a driver named KENNY JOSEPH << Excursion to St Martin was great because we were only going to do alittle shopping and return to the ship when we came across a guy that was talking with his girlfriend who was at one of the shops....he offered to take us all over the island for only $15pp so we went for it and it was great, he took us over to the French side of the island and let us do some shopping and the whole time took his time so we could get some great pics and he was very informative...his name was ARTURO Mc. JONES.....his email is arturomcjones@hotmail.com or you can reach him at 599-552-0734.....if you want a tour of the Island he is your man for the job.

We took our son who is 10 and the group at Camp Carnival is great!!! Billie from Macedonia is one of the counselors ,she is so great!!! also Lucie is other counselor and she is great too.

For it being a vacation, i was just happy to get home and back in my own bed....beds were hard to sleep on but i guess you will find that anywhere but your own bed......I mustsay though we stayed at the Radisson hotel on Cocoa beach the night before the cruise and it was the best hotel I have ever slept in because they have those sleep number beds,which were so cool to adjust the firmness of the mattress and their pool at the hotel was to die for , it was the BEST I have ever seen and the jacuzzi was the BEST!!!Just check out their website.

I enjoyed my cruise....would I sail on the Glory again.....NOPE!!! There are too many nicer cruise lines...this could be a great ship with a few changes since its only a few years old but all in all it wasn't too bad. I HOPE MY REVIEW HELPS ANY OF YOU CRUISERS OUT THERE...TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!!!!!

Publication Date: 10/03/07