American Spirit Cruise Review by davebflat: American Spirit - Canada/New England

davebflat
Member Since 2007

American Spirit - Canada/New England

Sail Date: September 2007
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

My wife and I (ages 65, 67) just returned from a fantastic New England cruise aboard the American Spirit. The food and snacks were fabulous as was the ports Our Nantucket stop was heavenly as was all of our stops. The crew is so personal and great they make sure everyone is happy. I've never seen passengers smiling so much, it Was wonderful. You travel so close to the ports, you really get a feel for the local histories. In New Bedford (a tiny port, right?) NO WAY! We visited their WhalingMuseum (great) A couple local bars (really great), then they had a local jazz duo come aboard and Play during cocktails. My wife made requests and we even bought their CD.

If you've never cruise a smaller ship I cannot recommend this enough. It was fun Romantic and very relaxing. You could choose to be active or just lay back. Cruise director Jackie was so accommodating I swear she never sleeps

We are booking another cruise next year with American Cruise Lines!! Less