Carnival Glory Cruise Review by ScottsSweetie: Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean

ScottsSweetie
Member Since 2004

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: September 2007
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Myself and DH cruised on 9-15-07; this was our 7th cruise overall on 5th on Carnival.

We drove to Cocoa Beach on Friday and stayed at the Hilton on Friday night. This was a nice hotel right on the beach. Left our car in their lot and used the shuttle for $4.00pp each way.

Embarkation: the shuttle picked us up around 11:50 on Saturday. The Disney cruisers were dropped off first, and then us. Shuttle drops you right next to the bins where the luggage gets sorted - very convenient! We entered the terminal at 12:18. After filling out our Bahamas immigration form it was a straight shot to a check-in desk (no line) and we were on the ship and settled at our lunch table by 1:00. Took our carry-on luggage to the room at 1:30 - unpacked what we could and went exploring. Tried to see the gym, but couldn't see it without touring the entire Spa, but it was okay.

Our room steward came and introduced himself - we saw him a lot during the cruise when leaving or coming More back to our room. He kept the room very clean, we had nice towel animals, and he kept our collapsible cooler full of ice along with the bucket. My only complaint is that we did not receive our invitation to the Past Guest party (see below).

Food: The food was quite good. We ate breakfast and lunch every day on lido deck - had the buffet, the deli, the oriental, fish-n-chips, and the pizza. DH really liked the oriental. The fish-n-chips are really good - very light batter on the fish - very delicate. The lobster on formal night was a bit rubbery as has been reported recently. We went to the supper club on Monday night - I'm not sure I would do it again. The food was excellent, and the service impeccable, but the room is a little small, and we were at a table for two in the middle of the room with constant traffic on both sides of our table. Also, the kitchen noise was pretty loud, which I was really surprised at. I understand that the supper club on the Glory has a little different set-up than some of the other ships, so maybe they are better.

We had late seating (8:30) in the Gold room. We were at a table for 8 and had only one other (very nice) couple for dinner each night. The other four never showed. Quite honestly, I have never seen so many empty seats in the dining room before (I'm talking for the entire cruise, not just a night or two). Our wait staff did an awesome job as usual.

Ports: In Nassau we walked around the city for a while, went to Senor Frogs and split a margarita, then back to the ship after a short jaunt thru the straw market.

In St. Thomas we did the SNUBA. This was done at a very crowded beach, and you were able to snorkel until it was your SNUBA turn. This was just okay for me, but DH loved it.

In St. Maarten we did the America's Cup Regatta sail. This was an awesome excursion and I would recommend to anyone considering it.

Sea Days - we never had a problem finding two loungers together near the main pool. Water slide is great! We played trivia several times. Went to all of the comedians - they were all very funny. The Legends show was fun - we had a particularly great Garth Brooks and Frank Sinatra. Weeeeeeee Jimmy certainly lives up to his reputation - this guy is a riot! Loved his entire staff - especially had a great time at the deck party! We went on the galley tour - it was interesting. Went to our first art auction - man, people spend some serious $$$ on that stuff!

We did visit the pursers desk twice, and found the line manageable each time. The first time I was there to complain about not receiving our invitations to the past guest party. We noticed when looking at the photos that they had pictures with "past guest party" borders. We did not know when or where it was held!! I was disappointed at not getting to go, but I really just wanted my pins, so the pursers desk apologized for us not getting our invitation (blamed it on our cabin steward, who knows who messed up) and gave me the 2 pins.

For you beer drinkers - we found out that if you order a draft Bud Lite or Heineken in the sports bar, the beer is .50c cheaper than the bottle!

Overall, this cruise was probably one of the best we have ever been on. Perfect weather, perfect seas, friendly shipmates. This was our first Eastern Carib cruise, but definitely not our last. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>