Carnival Legend Cruise Review by Rlimbocker

Embarkation: Tampa
Dining 5+
Rates 5+

Carnival Legend - Western Caribbean
My husband and I have taken three cruises before this cruise. We have only sailed on Carnival. We are both in our forties and love cruising. We have four kids but didn't take any of them on this cruise. We travel with a group on most cruises and on this cruise there was five couples. We live in Tampa so we didn't use a hotel for this cruise. We arrived at the terminal at a few minutes after eleven. They started boarding at about a quarter til twelve. By twelve fifteen we were having lunch at the buffet. The buffet was very good there was a very good variety of different foods. Our rooms were ready before one o'clock. The room was good size and there was plenty of room for all of our things which was very nice. Our room was always clean but I was not impressed with the service from the room stewards.

Speaking of the food I thought it was good. Our servers were awesome, Marina and Eddie were fantastic and we never wanted for anything. We were served very quickly so our food was very hot. The chocolate melting cake everyone talks about is good but my favorite is the creme brule. Marina told me to ask the host to make it for our table again and the next night it was ready. Yusuf the maitre d was incredible. Out of all of our cruises he was the first to be so active and approachable. He danced with all the servers and participated in everything, each night they entertained us.

The entertainment was okay. Jazz Hot was again okay. The only thing that I really enjoyed was the hypnotist, he was hilarious.

We booked two shore excursions with Carnival and they were both great. The two tank dive in Belize was awesome and the Tulum excursion was great, our tour guide was very informative. Thanks Manuel. The only thing I can say bad about the Tulum trip was they had trouble getting everyone off the ship so we left late and didn't get to visit Cozumel at all since there was time left.

Our disembarkation was very fast. We were told we would be let off after nine thirty. We were off the boat before nine o'clock.

We love Carnival and we are looking forward to our next cruise a year from now again on Carnival.

Publication Date: 09/26/07