“Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean”
Cruise review of Carnival Conquest

ktravis Carnival Conquest 1 Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean
ktravis
Member Since 2005
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was our first Carnival cruise and I must say it will be our last. Having previously sailed RC and Princess cruise lines I did have a somewhat lower expectation but never dreamed it would be this bad. First of all, our stateroom people were excellent and one gentlemen serving hotdogs and hamburgers was great, other than that, forget it. There was not enough food when the lines were open which wasn't very long. I think perhaps it may have been their way of trying to get people in the dining room. By the way, our dining room experience was just okay.

The crew (most) were rude and not helpful. I asked for an ashtray at a bar and was told it was down at the other end if I wanted to get it.

The outside pool leaked into the area below and was unavailable the rest of the cruise. While I understand things happen we were not informed of whether or not it might be available anytime during the remainder of the cruise. Speaking of not being informed. I do not recall hearing the captain's voice one time. We heard from Butch, the cruise director, several times but not the captain. Not even when we stopped and picked up refugees. I was on the Princess cruise when the 2 people went overboard. That captain kept us very well informed. He was the best.

I guess I could sum up the experience as saying, if they were to offer us a free cruise on Carnival, we would decline.

Carnival Conquest Cruises to the Western Caribbean
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Conquest Review
Carnival Conquest Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?