Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by ktravis: Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean

Carnival Conquest 1
ktravis
Member Since 2005
102 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: September 2007
Embarkation: Galveston

This was our first Carnival cruise and I must say it will be our last. Having previously sailed RC and Princess cruise lines I did have a somewhat lower expectation but never dreamed it would be this bad. First of all, our stateroom people were excellent and one gentlemen serving hotdogs and hamburgers was great, other than that, forget it. There was not enough food when the lines were open which wasn't very long. I think perhaps it may have been their way of trying to get people in the dining room. By the way, our dining room experience was just okay.

The crew (most) were rude and not helpful. I asked for an ashtray at a bar and was told it was down at the other end if I wanted to get it.

The outside pool leaked into the area below and was unavailable the rest of the cruise. While I understand things happen we were not informed of whether or not it might be available anytime during the remainder of the cruise. Speaking of not being informed. I do not recall More hearing the captain's voice one time. We heard from Butch, the cruise director, several times but not the captain. Not even when we stopped and picked up refugees. I was on the Princess cruise when the 2 people went overboard. That captain kept us very well informed. He was the best.

I guess I could sum up the experience as saying, if they were to offer us a free cruise on Carnival, we would decline. Less

Published 09/25/07