Carnival Glory Cruise Review by fllady61: Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: September 2007
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Getting to the ship: We drove because we live so close. No hassles with parking.

Embarkment: We had smooth sailing on embarkment. We were at the port ab out 930-10am, went through check in, then sat down and waited till we could board the ship. We were on board by 10:30.

Onboard: We made our way to the Lido deck where we found food and beverages including a welcome aboard foo foo drink. We were to meet others on board, so we kept a close eye out for all of them.

Stateroom: We were in a handicap accessible room, and loved it. Although there was a squeak occasionally, it was still a great room. There are 3 of us, and we seemed to have more space than in the balcony room last year. We had a hard time controlling the climate, either too hot or cold, but we managed.

Ship: What can I say that I did not say last year. WE love Glory. Beautifully decorated, and 2 main decks to travel on and enjoy festivities. We again spent a lot of time on the PR deck. More Casino was not as good to us this year as last, but that is to be expected.

Entertainment: We only attended one show, and it left some to be desired. in my opinion, the girls needed more clothing covering their butts. But that is me. We also attended the tvshows/movie theme song trivia. We are not partiers, or drinkers, so we do not know what the bars, or deck parties are like. However, my daughter attended the deck party and had a great time.

Food: The food as usual was awesome. WE went to the Friday noon Chocolate bar, and it was great. Loved the Baked Alaska, Prime Rib, and me the seafood. The Spinach salad the first night was excellent. And the most awesome coleslaw I have ever tasted.

Dining Room: We were in the Platinum dining again. This time with a late seating. Our waiters and Bar waiter were great. They really deserved the tip I gave them. Last year, our waiters and especially the bar waitress were not that good. Saw them once during the night. This year, they were at our table every few minutes filling our tea, water, and making sure everything was ok. Wish I had them here to wait on me now.

Nassau: This has become our nerd port. However, we did have a few things we wanted, so we got off the ship. We got our bracelet at DI, then took a carriage ride around the downtown part of the island. Was back on board in about 2 hours.

St. Thomas: Had to go through Immigration, no big deal. Very organized, and we were off the ship in a matter of moments. Loved the beauty of the island, and the convenience of the mall shopping. However was disappointed in the fact that there was no wheelchair accessibility to Paradise Point. This should be rectified. I mean it is telling a handicap person "Oh, I am sorry, if you can't walk then screw you." This was reported to our ship. We did find a private cab that took us to the upper most tip of another mountain that looked down on Paradise point. That was great.

St. Maarten: Nice shopping, loved the boardwalk. Only problem here was our cab driver dropped us off about 6-10 blocks from Front Street, and the shopping. And with a wheelchair, this was not very feasible task to get through the narrow streets filled with what I call Junk shops. Very hot, so we were back on board by noon. This also was reported to the ship. Took us 4 cabbies to get one going back to the port.

Days at Sea: About as days at sea can be. Many on board activities, casino, and food galore. My daughter really got into Club 02. she met quite a few people there. I finally got to see Wee Jimmy in action, and I have to say that I liked him, but liked Dana, our Cruise Director last year, better. The shopping was about the same. Did not spend that much in the shops. They did exchange my daughters jewelry that she has gotten on previous cruises that had tarnished including her gold. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>