Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by catlady461: Pride of Aloha - Hawaii

Pride of Aloha - Hawaii

Sail Date: September 2007
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: Honolulu

After reading all the reviews on Pride of Aloha we were not expecting much for our sailing on 9/09. We have cruised 5 times with RCCL & once with Celebrity. We decided to try NCLA for the FreeStyle Dining even though we had done Hawaii with RCCL 4 years ago.

Let me start with we were pleasantly surprised with how much we enjoyed the cruise. Our flight from Chicago/O'Hare was delayed and instead of arriving at 2:00 we didn't arrive at the airport until after 3:00. Getting our luggage was a hassle but the embarkation when we arrived at the pier was fantastic. Quick & Easy. We arrived on board & went straight to our cabin. They were preparing for Muster so we had to get down to our assigned area. This was a bit disorganized but not as bad as it could have been. After Muster the Bar-B-Q began and we went up to the pool deck to get something to eat and then retired to our cabin(we had been traveling all day and were just too tired)

Monday morning we ordered More room service(coffee & danish); no problem here it arrived within 15 minutes of calling. We ported in Kauai for an overnight stay. We decided to just get off the ship and just shop since we were still tired from the day before. We went to The Palace main dining room for dinner. No problems here; the service was quick and the steaks we had were done the way we asked for and the servers were great & friendly. This was the only time we ate at the main dining room since we tried Kahili and my husband enjoyed the Pasta side dish so much we ended up eating there 5 times out of the 10. The Kahili has excellent food and our servers(Graydon & Jackie) were great. They were friendly and very helpful. They made our cruise very enjoyable(we asked for them each night we went). We also made our reservations in advance(no need to make them for the same day or next only).

We weren't as impressed with Palm Bistro or Pacific Heights but we tried them & even though the food was not something we cared for the servers in both restaurants were friendly.

My husband loved laying at the pool everyday and on port days it was practically empty; so after shopping on the island he would come back and had no problem getting a chair to lay on. I am not a sun person; so I went to Breakers Bar for a drink and all the servers & bartenders were extremely friendly & quick to help. Matthew; who is a bartender was my favorite & he remembered my name each time I went up.

All in all we had a great time and found that all the bad reviews I had read did not hold true. These people work hard every day and go out of their way to be friendly and to help if you need something. I only had two problems with this cruise(we had a balcony room on deck 10 and compared to rooms on the other cruises I have taken; this room is extremely small); also our cabin steward left a lot to be desired(very slow & never did make a towel animal)

We will definitely do this cruise again since we enjoyed it so much & the Freestyle Dining is great.

Any questions feel free to ask. Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>