Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by atltvlagt

Cabin Category: 8B
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Carnival Liberty - Western Caribbean
My Husband and I are just back after enjoying a 6 night cruise on the Carnival Liberty. Our balcony cabin was amazing with generous bathroom, plenty of storage, and an excellent bed. My husband is 6'7 and the space was a nice surprise. The service throughout the ship was better than the service we've had at most of the 4 and 5 star hotels we've stayed in. The food was exceptional. I am very picky, and we avoid eating in chain restaurants back home...overpriced microwaved food from commissaries which is full of chemicals, sodium and fat does not appeal to us. The food on the ship was fantastic, we had one bad meal. I was amazed at the fresh sophisticated touches we kept encountering..kirsch in a chocolate cake filled with bing cherries, fresh sushi, fois gras in a delicious sauce over duck, ect. The live entertainment ranged from lovely-a string trio in the lobby every night to rather Poconos-like. I will say the other passengers...and there were few of them due to mid-September, were rather like the crowd you would run into at Wal-Mart on Saturday morning. This did not bother us...it was a very very relaxed, let it all hang out environment. We were startled and amused at a few people who showed up in the lido buffet dressed in the very comfy and luxe comp bathrobes provided for use in the cabins. Taking casual to a whole new level! If you feel you need to impress your fellow cruisers with your advanced degrees; and the fact you are a captain of industry, this is probably not the cruise for you. My husband and I had a wonderful time relaxing and taking a few shore excursions. We will be back on Carnival in the future.

Publication Date: 09/17/07