Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by dee2002: Carnival Liberty - Western Caribbean

Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Liberty - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: August 2007

This was my first cruise but my review will be short and sweet (I hope).

Embarkation: Lines were long but moved steadily, and filling out the Funpass in advance online was a plus (those that did not had a much longer wait).

Ship: Extremely large, I was still getting lost on the day of Debarkation, but I enjoyed the decor, not nearly as horrible as I had heard.

Cabin: On the Main deck w/porthole view. Comfortable, clean, and served it's purpose (sleeping and changing)

Dining: The food was great (and never-ending). The highlights were the lamb chops and the cappuccino cake. Service in the Silver Olympian Room (on the 3 days I had dinner there) was good; thanks to Leonardo (what a cutie) and Argus (great smile). Fell in love with the guava papaya juice at breakfast every morning.

Ports of Call: Keywest was gorgeous from the ship but I wasn't particularly interested in seeing it up close and personal. Grand Caymans was a surprise, reminded More me of Trinidad in many ways; and the country has done a great job recovering and rebuilding from Hurricane Ivan. I went on the Island Tour (booked thru Carnival); learned some very interesting facts about the island and the Turtle Farm was a blast. I am still counting my pennies to see if I could buy one of the newer condos being built near 7 mile beach LOL! Last but certainly not least was Ocho Rios (the highlight of the cruise). I booked the Bob Marley Zion Bus tour through Carnival and for any fans of reggae the trip was a must. Everyone, from the bus driver to the people working for the Bob Marley foundation were an absolute treat. The countryside is unbelievably gorgeous, and what a heart pounding and breathtaking trip up into the mountains (got to listen/sing-along to Mr. Marley and see the "real" Jamaica w/a refreshing glass of rum punch). Lastly a special mention for our guide @ Bob Marley's home; "Capt. Crazy kept us laughing the entire time and was a lovely person all around. (Warning: Do Not Take Children or young Teens on this Tour). I would definitely book this excursion again.

Debarkation: The numbered tags were a great idea, had breakfast waited for our number to be called, and ended what was the best vacation I have ever had; even better than my jaunt through Europe. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>