“Carnival Liberty - Western Caribbean”
Cruise review of Carnival Liberty

dee2002 Carnival Liberty 5 Carnival Liberty - Western Caribbean
dee2002
Member Since 2007
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was my first cruise but my review will be short and sweet (I hope).

Embarkation: Lines were long but moved steadily, and filling out the Funpass in advance online was a plus (those that did not had a much longer wait).

Ship: Extremely large, I was still getting lost on the day of Debarkation, but I enjoyed the decor, not nearly as horrible as I had heard.

Cabin: On the Main deck w/porthole view. Comfortable, clean, and served it's purpose (sleeping and changing)

Dining: The food was great (and never-ending). The highlights were the lamb chops and the cappuccino cake. Service in the Silver Olympian Room (on the 3 days I had dinner there) was good; thanks to Leonardo (what a cutie) and Argus (great smile). Fell in love with the guava papaya juice at breakfast every morning.

Ports of Call: Keywest was gorgeous from the ship but I wasn't particularly interested in seeing it up close and personal. Grand Caymans was a surprise, reminded me of Trinidad in many ways; and the country has done a great job recovering and rebuilding from Hurricane Ivan. I went on the Island Tour (booked thru Carnival); learned some very interesting facts about the island and the Turtle Farm was a blast. I am still counting my pennies to see if I could buy one of the newer condos being built near 7 mile beach LOL! Last but certainly not least was Ocho Rios (the highlight of the cruise). I booked the Bob Marley Zion Bus tour through Carnival and for any fans of reggae the trip was a must. Everyone, from the bus driver to the people working for the Bob Marley foundation were an absolute treat. The countryside is unbelievably gorgeous, and what a heart pounding and breathtaking trip up into the mountains (got to listen/sing-along to Mr. Marley and see the "real" Jamaica w/a refreshing glass of rum punch). Lastly a special mention for our guide @ Bob Marley's home; "Capt. Crazy kept us laughing the entire time and was a lovely person all around. (Warning: Do Not Take Children or young Teens on this Tour). I would definitely book this excursion again.

Debarkation: The numbered tags were a great idea, had breakfast waited for our number to be called, and ended what was the best vacation I have ever had; even better than my jaunt through Europe.

Carnival Liberty Cruises to the Western Caribbean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Liberty Review
Carnival Liberty Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?